Why become a member? ×

Fallen Jack fix?

Hi guys, forgive me for this as it's for a guitar rather than a bass but hopefully the same rules should apply to repair it.

I have a Squier Affinity Strat with the typical Fender-style body mounted jack, chrome plate etc. The jack has fallen inside the cavity and I can pull it through but it won't hold in place. I thought it should be matter of a washer or nut to secure it, but upon unscrewing the plate and looking inside there's nowt. Can anyone help, even post a link to a guide on how to fix this? I want to fix it myself as I'm looking to punt it but there's little money in the guitar as it is and I don't want to incur any costs for what hopefully should be a DIY job within even my grasp. It still works when plugged in, so it's just a matter of pulling the jack back through and getting it to stay in place.

thanks.

Edited by Funky Dunky

Can you post up a picture? If it's just the nut & washer missing from the outside I can happily send you some of those :)

This is what you should have https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfbca1o4edakxcu/2015-05-19%2016.07.10.jpg?dl=0

Edited by KiOgon