Why become a member? ×

Bergantino AE112 (x2) cabs + Berg covers WITHDRAWN
£425

Finally decided to let these 2 Bergantino AE112 cabs go.
Lightweight and easy one handed lift. These cabs can do it all. If you're looking you probably know how good these cabs are.
12" Neo speaker with variable tweeter.
300W altho Bergantino recommend using 300-500W amps.
Used with a Genz Streamliner 600 at half volume so they have never really been driven hard.
As shown in pics both cabs are in excellent, virtually new condition including the Bergantino covers.
Cabs are stackable with the lower one having indentations on the top to fit feet of the upper cab.

Cabs have done one gig with a few rehearsals since buying around 2012 from Bass Direct.
[b]PRICE REDUCTION Now looking for £700 for both. Selling as a pair only.[/b]

PICK UP ONLY as i don't have boxes or packing for them and not happy sending by courier without proper boxes and packaing etc.

I'm in Lanark area just South of Glasgow by approx 40miles.
Happy to deliver or meet up half way within reason. (PM me first)

Dave

[attachment=192371:Berg AE112 cabs 003.JPG][attachment=192370:Berg AE112 cabs 004.JPG][attachment=192373:Berg AE112 cabs 006.JPG][attachment=192374:Berg AE112 cabs 008.JPG][attachment=192375:Berg AE112 cabs 012.JPG]

Edited by dmccombe7

Absolute perfection, IMO.
If I hadn't removed my Markbass 210's I would have been busting a gut to sell them and get these.

Dave is not just a top class bassist, but a top class diamond geezer as well.

Good luck with the sale fella, I shall be watching via satellite for dodgy geezers in trenchcoats and Homburgs at Lanark Lock :lol:

Cheers Karl
I'm now using an Ampeg SVT4 Pro with the HT322 i bought from you.
Heavy but what a sound it puts out.
Can't get away from absolute tube power.

Thought your missus might have ticked you off for saying Lanark Lock (Lanark Loch) LOL

ATB
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

FWIW Dave, I think the price is very fair and although I'm ecstatic with the sound of my 2 MB Traveler 102p's, I would still flog them to raise some of the funds for these.

Only reason I haven't put them back up is because frankly I was pissed about for Britain with them and I just can't face putting them up for sale again.
They were sold twice and neither person turned up.

Yours are tremendous lightweight, accurate, powerful quality cabs. If you aren't desperate for the money, just keep bumping occasionally.
GLWTS

Edited by karlfer

Cheers Karl. I did look at past sales on these before posting and thought it was fair considering excellent condition with covers and hardly used since buying my HT322 which just looks the biz. :rolleyes:

Dave

For the benefit of the viewers Dave, would you consider off the wall trades, for example, well, I don't know, say such as a certain Precision I have up for sale plus £250 to you?
Look, SOMEBODY was going to ask, might as well be me :rolleyes: :lol:

Here's a current thread that a party of your peers are running http://basschat.co.uk/topic/263089-mexican-fender-precisions/page__pid__2787859#entry2787859

Anyway, if you were to entertain trades, perhaps somebody will have something you require.
All the best,
Karl.

Edited by karlfer

Hi Karl
Afraid i wasn't looking to trade unless someone had something that really caught my eye.
I've got more basses than i need at the moment altho I don't have a precision to be honest. Blue Ric has a certain attraction but had one years ago and found very limited. I just love the look of them.
Haven't really made my mind up what i was going to buy when i sell the Berg's.
I still have a notion for the Ampeg SVT 4x10 HLF cab to match my SVT4 pro but would like to try out first.
Did have a recent notion for some Markbass gear but that would mean starting from scratch again to get full rig.

I'm in no rush to sell the Bergs as i am using the HT322. Just that they were sitting there not getting any use which was a bit of a waste TBH.
Appreciate the offer and the suggestion to trade tho.

Thanks
Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1432487111' post='2781947']
not a lot of interest altho lots of views.
Do you think i'm pricing too high. ?

Dave
[/quote]
[size=4]I had the pleasure of meeting another BCer this weekend and tried what \I guess was a [/size][color=#323232][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Bergantino AE212, powered with my Mark Bass LM3. It sounded great. He sold the 212 for around the £800 mark. It's amazingly light and sound is good and clean. So you can always add some dirt using a pedal and get the RIGHT amount of dirt in the sound, if you want dirt that is.[/font][/color]

[font="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][color="#323232"]This set your selling has more versatility (use 1 only for smaller gigs) and more tweeter-power. I reckon the price is about right. The looking is a bit like selling an Aston Martin, you'll get plenty of wanna-be owners, but it will be a bit rich for a lot of tastes; me included. But the price is fair IMHO.[/color][/font]

[font="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][color="#323232"] All you need is the right viewer, that may take 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months... [/color][/font][color=#323232][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]GLWTS[/font][/color]

[quote name='Thornybank' timestamp='1433145214' post='2788126'] Come up by Edinburgh and try a 410HLF... I have a 'normal' one and a Heritage. [/quote]

That's a really nice offer and might take you up on it. BC is amazing for having realy nice people willing to help.
I've tried the HLF with a Warwick amp i had in a studio and it sounded pretty impressive and is probably the main reason i am looking to be honest.
Just wondered what it would be like with my SVT4.
What amp are you using with it and what kind of bass just to give me an idea as a comparison.
I mainly use a jazz.

thanks
Dave

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1433146782' post='2788139'] [size=4]I had the pleasure of meeting another BCer this weekend and tried what \I guess was a [/size][color=#323232][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Bergantino AE212, powered with my Mark Bass LM3. It sounded great. He sold the 212 for around the £800 mark. It's amazingly light and sound is good and clean. So you can always add some dirt using a pedal and get the RIGHT amount of dirt in the sound, if you want dirt that is.[/font][/color] [font="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][color="#323232"]This set your selling has more versatility (use 1 only for smaller gigs) and more tweeter-power. I reckon the price is about right. The looking is a bit like selling an Aston Martin, you'll get plenty of wanna-be owners, but it will be a bit rich for a lot of tastes; me included. But the price is fair IMHO.[/color][/font] [font="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][color="#323232"] All you need is the right viewer, that may take 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months... [/color][/font][color=#323232][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]GLWTS[/font][/color] [/quote]

Thanks Grangur
I'm not in any great rush to sell TBH but will leave running with the odd BUMP to keep up interest.
Once i sell i'll look at options for buying something else.
Might be another amp / cab / combo or maybe another bass but not sure what.

Appreciate the feedback
Dave

Hmmmm, Markbass you say :mellow:

I wonder where one might get two Markbass Traveler 102P's (Italian) plus Roqsolid covers plus £150 without the need for a Gamma pad that could be sold separately.
I also wonder where the innocent looking emoticon is :lol:

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1433185484' post='2788716'] Hmmmm, Markbass you say :mellow: (forget the amp, it's superb and going nowhere) I wonder where one might get two Markbass Traveler 102P's (Italian) plus Roqsolid covers plus £150 without the need for a Gamma pad that could be sold separately. I also wonder where the innocent looking emoticon is :lol: [/quote]

You're certainly a try'er Karl but i'm just not sure i'm looking for anything specific to trade. :rolleyes: :D
I'd rather just sell at this point and then decide what i was looking for with cash in hand.
I really need to get myself into Glasgow and try out some new gear.
I still have a notion for the Ampeg SVT4x10HLF to match my SVT4 pro.
Don't have enough knowledge or experience of Markbass gear apart from band that was in next rehearsal room last week had a small Markbass combo that was loud as my Ampeg and crystal clear but loads of depth as well.

I'll wait a while yet before looking at trades.

Sorry mate :)

Dave

Just to say i have 1 of these AE 112's wth my IP 112 and the tone is just amazing. Crystal clear but goes nice and deep as well. If I ever move my IP on ill be looking for another AE cab as they weigh nothing :)

Thanks mate, they are great cabs but i struggle to justify them sitting in the house not doing anything.
They deserve to be out there gigging. :)
I might even give them an airing this weeks epic 6 hr rehearsal.

Dave

[quote name='fenderbassist-2008' timestamp='1433353608' post='2790420'] I've recently acquired a pair of AE112's secondhand from Bass Direct for a similar price to what your asking. I think your asking price is a fair and reasonable one. GLWTS. [/quote]

Thanks mate appreciate the feedback.
That's where these came from. Mark at Bass Direct is excellent to do business with.
How are you finding the Bergs ?

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

I'm really pleased with the Bergs. Amazing bottom end, punchy & clear mids and sparkling top end. I used to use an Ampeg 450 SVT with 2x10 and 15 cabs for that old school sound, but the Bergs are something else all together. The service from Bass Direct was spot on. The guy who handled the sale was called Will, top bloke, knew his stuff.

Edited by fenderbassist-2008

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PRICE DROP BUMP
Now £700 for pair of outstanding cabs in excellent condition.

As much as i grudge selling cabs of this quality, GAS for an Ampeg SVT cab is getting stronger. :D

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7