Why become a member? ×

Who is the most famous British Bass Player?

It might not be who you thought!

They are the most famous, though not necessarily for playing bass!

[url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3087948/But-play-Queen-Prince-William-reveals-hidden-talent-bass-guitar-signed-80s-pop-group-Aswad.html"]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3087948/But-play-Queen-Prince-William-reveals-hidden-talent-bass-guitar-signed-80s-pop-group-Aswad.html[/url]

[b] But can he play anything by Queen? Prince William reveals hidden talent for bass guitar... and has already been 'signed up' by 80s reggae outfit Aswad[/b]
[list]
[*][size=1][b]William revealed his talent while presenting an MBE to Brinsley Forde[/b][/size]
[*][size=1][b]Mr Forde was the lead singer of 1980s reggae group, Aswad[/b][/size]
[*][size=1][b]Joked that he had signed the Duke up after picking up his gong[/b][/size]
[*][size=1][b]Spent yesterday at a wildlife conference in the Swiss town of Gland[/b][/size]
[*][size=1][b]Has been on paternity leave following birth of baby Princess Charlotte[/b][/size]
[*][size=1][b]William is known to be a fan of Kanye West, Coldplay and Linkin Park[/b][/size]
[/list]
[color=#000000][left]
[size=4][size=1]He once admitted to liking US rockers Linkin Park and has since confessed to having a penchant for Coldplay and Kanye West among others. [/size][/size]
[size=4][size=1]Now, the Duke of Cambridge has revealed that he has a musical talent of his own and can play the bass guitar.[/size][/size]
[size=4][size=1]William made the admission as he presented Brinsley Forde, frontman of 80s reggae group, Aswad, with an MBE at Windsor Castle.[/size][/size]
[size=4][size=1][size=1]The Duke, who has been on paternity leave following the birth of his daughter Charlotte two weeks ago, told the musician that he is 'a bit good' at playing the instrument.[/size][/size][/size]
[size=4][size=1]Afterwards, a delighted Mr Forde said: 'I’ve just got a new bass player - you might know him as the Duke of Cambridge.[/size][/size]
[size=4][size=1]'He said "I’m a bit good on the bass guitar" so I’m thinking of signing him up, but he’s got such a lot of other duties I don’t know whether he’ll have time to do it.'[/size][/size]
[size=4][size=1]William, who spent yesterday at a wildlife conference in Switzerland, isn't the only member of the Royal Family to boast a talent for music.[/size][/size]
[size=4][size=1]Prince Charles is famously good at playing the cello, while Princess Beatrice has been known to try her hand at the piano. [/size][/size][/left][/color]

[size=4]"[color=#000000]William made the admission as he presented Brinsley Forde, frontman of 80s reggae group, Aswad, with an MBE at Windsor Castle.[/color][/size]"

'Made the admission" ?

Makes him sound like he's owning up to something sordid.

"Hello, my name is William and I....I play bass guitar"

:)

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1432133021' post='2778461']
[size=4]"[color=#000000]

'Made the admission" ?

Makes him sound like he's owning up to something sordid.

"Hello, my name is William and I....I play bass guitar"

:)
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. :-)

Edited by r16ktx

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1432189416' post='2778925']
You mean the ginger-haired, 5th in line, illegitimate kind...
[/quote]

Sorry - a bit harsh. He does seem like a good egg ([size=3]for a[/size] [size=2]ginger[/size]-[size=1]haired...[/size])

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1432237601' post='2779661']
He could be on the forum :).
[/quote]If he had been on here, he would have been ran off the forum a long time ago. Not many famous players seem to make much more than a couple of months without being harangued :P