Why become a member? ×

Hipshot Ultralites for Yamaha BB

• 3 months later...

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1441350705' post='2858091']
Hmm that's interesting to know. Hipshot don't make a D-tuner for the BB (I'm interested in a 4) so this opens the way for an ultralite option without drilling holes. Any chance of a pic?
[/quote]

There is a d'tuner that fits I'm pretty sure it's the BT-10.

The 1024/5 tuners have a three screw mounting plate (like the old BBs). The BT10 says it will fit BBs but is a four screw mounting. I've already been in contact with Hipshot and they don't do anything that fits the three screw mounting.

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1441316066' post='2857963']
And the answer is 1/2"

Fitted them tonight and as an added bonus they fit using one of the existing screwholes on the back of the headstock so no drilling required.

I bought the Licensed ones from a seller on Ebay in the USA.
[/quote]

Would you say that the weight saving is noticeable? I have a BB1024 and thought I might go the same route until I saw the prices!

I need to take some pics but I'm sure that having them takes half a pound off the weight of the bass. The headstock now sits higher with them and it's not tempted to slide downwards as it was previously.

I was at times finding the bass a tad heavy but after fitting the new tuners I hardly noticed it at all at tonight's gig

Looking at the Hipshot website, it will be the HE6C 1/2" d-tuner that will match these.

I managed to get a set of Licenced tuners from the US for £65 all in, definitely worth the price

• Like 1

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1441537563' post='2859560']
The 1024/5 tuners have a three screw mounting plate (like the old BBs). The BT10 says it will fit BBs but is a four screw mounting. I've already been in contact with Hipshot and they don't do anything that fits the three screw mounting.
[/quote]

Ah OK, suppose it's a personal choice then weather to fit them or not. If you don't plan on taking it off again it might be worth considering.