Why become a member? ×

Høfner Club

Bugbass

[quote name='Bugbass' timestamp='1432199036' post='2779030']
Can someone tell me what a -65 Club is worth?
[/quote]

Guitar or bass..? If guitar: Club 40, 50, 60 or 70..? If bass: in what condition..? With hard case..? All original..? Any 'issues'..? Neck needs a reset..?
As a general rule, a look through past sales on t'bay should give some indication; a recent auction in Germany had one (with 'issues'...) go for £525; in my own view very much over-priced. I wouldn't pay that much even for a pristine one. They are, after all, somewhat 'odd-ball' as instruments, and can be delicate. The later models are more robust.
Disclaimer: I'm a Hofner fan; I have several Hofner guitars and basses.

Thanks! It's a bass. It had a neck reset, one of the swithes does not work. Otherwise a good player. I'm asking cause I have seen some prices way up there...like this:
http://www.gbase.com/gear/hofner-500-2-club-1964-sunburst

Edited by Bugbass

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Slightly cruel, maybe, but only slightly..! There are folks with far too much money for the sense they have, imo. That said, these are, along with other 'vintage' instruments, becoming very 'collectable', and there are some enthusiasts ready to pay really silly prices, often for a tenuous connection with John Lennon or such. A brand new Club bass is an excellent instrument, and would cost less than that 'vintage' one (about half as much...)..!
One thing's for certain: with my old Hofners, my great-grandchildren will be able to collect a small fortune if this trend continues..! Edited by Dad3353