Why become a member? ×

Joyo Ironman pedals

steviedee

I have to say I'm not the most knowledgeable when it come to compression but so far it seems noise free and transparent. Being able to blend in your signal seems very useful also. I'm pretty pleased with it and it's very well made!

Is the Harley Benton pipe bomb the same effect with a different name, or does it differ in some way?

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_micro_stomp_pipe_bomb.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...p_pipe_bomb.htm[/url]

EDIT: No, it isn't. Knobs are different, and the shape of the enclosure is different. At least. It certainly isn't a rebadge.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1432713018' post='2784082']
Is the Harley Benton pipe bomb the same effect with a different name, or does it differ in some way?

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_micro_stomp_pipe_bomb.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...p_pipe_bomb.htm[/url]

EDIT: No, it isn't. Knobs are different, and the shape of the enclosure is different. At least. It certainly isn't a rebadge.
[/quote]

Given the rather unique design I'd be amazed if the internals weren't identical.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1432714221' post='2784094']
Given the rather unique design I'd be amazed if the internals weren't identical.
[/quote]
i doubt theyd keep the blend circuit if they werent using it. That or they both have the other control as an internal pot.

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1432714676' post='2784098']
i doubt theyd keep the blend circuit if they werent using it. That or they both have the other control as an internal pot.
[/quote]

Don't understand. :huh: What "other" control?

Both of them have identical controls from what I can see. Mix, Attack, Level, Comp.

Whi[size=4][quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1432763605' post='2784838'][/size]
Anyone know anything about the drive pedals? do they relate to the American Sound/Ultimate Drive pedals they do? or are they based off of different ones than those?
[/quote]

Which drive pedals do you mean? Joyo do a whole lot of guitar overdrive pedals, but I can't find a bass one. I looked around, and on Talkbass people are recommending Joyo guitar distortions for bass.

[quote name='ColinB' timestamp='1432836711' post='2785510']
The two most popular bass distortion pedals are the American Sound and the Ultimate Drive. Thomann are doing them both under the Harley Benton banner.
[/quote]

For guitars, they are the two best sounding HB guitar distortions, in my subjective opinion. I went through all of the Harley Benton distortions and listened to the samples. (Sad, but true :) ). If they are good for bass too, then it's very likely that I will buy them at some point.

Edited by Annoying Twit

What i meant is how do the ironman drives compare to the larger drive pedals they do (american sound/ultimate drive). I have a vintage drive, and its a lovely pedal. I have it in a blend/feedback loop after a bitcrusher, and it softens it brilliantly, whilst still letting some of the digital-ness through. I would probably swap it for one of4 these smaller pedals if they are similar.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1432849973' post='2785693']
For guitars, they are the two best sounding HB guitar distortions, in my subjective opinion. I went through all of the Harley Benton distortions and listened to the samples. (Sad, but true :) ). If they are good for bass too, then it's very likely that I will buy them at some point.
[/quote]

[url="http://johnkvintageguitars.homestead.com/Overdrive-Pedals.html"]This guy[/url] likes them! You have to scroll right down to the bottom for 'manufactured pedals'. I have the American - love it on bass (and guitar).

Well I reckon the pedal is a keeper, I was a bit worried it seemed to add a bit of distortion and noise at the start of my signal chain but I moved it to after the preamps but before the delays etc and it's great just adds a bit of punch.

I'd really be interested in an HB/Joyo distortion but dunno which one will do for the bass.

Edited by steviedee