Why become a member? ×

1984 ESP Custom Shop PJC-135 - SOLD
£1200

Wiggy

FT: £1000 trade - FS: £800 Sale

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Here we have my 1984 ESP custom shop bass, one of less than 80 made in ~6 months before the lawsuit with Wayne Charvel (It was a direct replica of Dusty Hill's custom) ceased production, it's been valued by PMT at £1,200 [s]so that's what I'll put as a trade value[/s], I can guarantee you will never see another one! [s]Cash value £1000-[/s] Fantastic condition for a bass of it's age, only minor playing marks. Why have a P or a J when you can have both!?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Weight: a smidge over 8 lbs :)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've only recently acquired the bass, and yesterday had it setup with new SS rounds -but I'm after something a little more tweakable [/font][/color] :).

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Based in Bury, Lancs - There's no hard case with the bass, although I can supply the gig bag I received it in, or sort a hard case for a little extra if you need it to be couriered.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I can travel within reason if there's a decent train link! (sorry to be that guy!)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Plenty of references - just ask![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Make me a silly offer peeps, you'd be surprised! I'm very open to amp/cab trades, cash offers and part/ex (cash my way) for a lower end bass![/font][/color]

Note: Rather early 7 digit custom shop serial!

Edited by Wiggy

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1432337351' post='2780716']
Pretty :)
[/quote]
Thank you, It's a stunning bass to play, plenty of P-Bass growl and barks from the J bass pickup - Open to trades for any high end basses! 4 or 5 string!

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Straight from ESP! "Based on the information and photos provided, the instrument in question appears to be an ESP Custom Shop variation of the early- to mid-1980's Horizon or PJC-135 bass models, likely produced between 1980 and 1984." [/size][/font][/color]

Hi Tom, 8lbs :) it's very light - I get back pain a lot, and playing this bass is a nice break, no pain. It doesn't lack in sustain though, the notes even swell!

Edited by Wiggy

[quote name='Wiggy' timestamp='1433000796' post='2786959']
Hi Tom, I don't know the exact weight, but it's very light - I get back pain a lot, and playing this bass is a nice break, no pain. It doesn't lack in sustain though, the notes even swell!
[/quote]

As I found out to my cost, 'very light' won't work for me, sorry. When I was young 15lbs was very light B)

Weight of a bass.

1. Ask wife/girlfriend/mrs 3 doors down for luggage scales (or spend £5 at local low price store).
2. Tie ribbon/handkerchief/sock/special lacy undergarment around neck of bass.
3. Suspend bass from luggage scales.
4 Read weight reading and put on the advert.

Sorry Wiggy, sarcasm not aimed simply at you but it is common for people to not put the effort in, regarding weight.
In doing so, they simply put off a significant number of older buyers.

For instance, my Dee Dee Ramone is up for sale at a stated weight of 8lb 5oz, which is actually a few ozs too heavy for Tom, as I well know.
40 or more years of heavy basses hanging off left side shoulders does make you beg for light.

Bump.

Edited by karlfer

It's annoying how I didn't think of that! I have a habit to overthink things haha!
Also now has been identified as a [font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]PJC-135! [/size][/font]

Edited by Wiggy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump, open to any bass trades, straight swap or with cash my way for a less valuable one! Offers seem to have dried up since I added the weight :') I had the value confirmed by PMT Manchester last week at £1,200 so pick up a vintage bargain!

Obviously £1200 is what they would put it out for, them being a retailer and needing to make a profit.
If they offered you £1200 either cash or trade, it might be wise to rip their arms out of their sockets :D
Would be interesting to know where they did their research, as most of us just have google/basschat/talkbass.
Good luck,
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1436568451' post='2819310']
Obviously £1200 is what they would put it out for, them being a retailer and needing to make a profit.
If they offered you £1200 either cash or trade, it might be wise to rip their arms out of their sockets :D
Would be interesting to know where they did their research, as most of us just have google/basschat/talkbass.
Good luck,
Karl.
[/quote]
I should have asked now I think about it :) I tried researching it for ages, even got on to ESP haha! I'm only after £800, I don't think they would have offered me £1200, nice to have an idea though!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...