Why become a member? ×

A box of tricks for practice

ZenBasses

So I am going silent..

Not that I have had complaints from neighbours.. Ihave just had my EBS fafner 1 serviced and it is again sounding amazing..

My birthday is just round the corner and I have ordered a pair of these as a present (the joys of getting older and people have no idea what to buy you).

[url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00L1LXOWS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1432324951&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=grado+headphones&dpPl=1&dpID=51F9cgGBXNL&ref=plSrch[/url]

They sounded amazing when I tired a pair at richer sounds. Compared them to some akgs sennhisers and some boss and these were far and away the better headphones.

So I want to plug in my bass and a aux sound sourece.i have cheap 16 channel mixing desk and can use the balanced output from the ebs. The desk however is cheap and very noisy. The tracks are going on the sliders and are cutting out.

Now I don't really have the use for a desk anymore.

Can anyone recommend some nifty little unit that's not a lot of money that will. Be perfect for this situation.

Would be so cool to have the portability that I can practice in the living room or bedroom or take it when I am away with work.. But this is not a deal breaker. And I guess not using the ebs in that situation, just a bass and a sound source for use with headphones might be a different beast all together.

I am looking at a sub £150 budget....

Many thanks in advance for any contribution. :)

Edited by ZenBasses

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1432570250' post='2782785']
Just picked up a second hand B1on, I had a bit of a mess about with it this afternoon and it's great, I actually prefer it to both of the more expensive versions from Zoom I've owned!
[/quote]

Yes, I've had both the B3 and the MS-60B pedal and prefer this. It's easier to use, you can have more effects at once and it sounds great. Also you can plug in an mp3 player or phone and practice silently with headphones. No-brainer for the cash.

You could also use it as a preamp with a power amp if you were so inclined.

Edited by discreet