Why become a member? ×

Im in a Conundrum.

bubinga5

Yeah, the link is faulty . I echo most of what's been said on here . I do wonder if the basschatter has any health issues ?? Hope it gets sorted. Tbh, we have a great mod team , and I think someone will probably take it for safe keeping . If there's no trace , maybe a bass relay or win it at a bass bash. ;)

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1432378437' post='2780967']
Before the OP does anything with the bass, I think every avenue should be exhausted first.
From what has been posted here, I think we're a bit sort of that yet.
[/quote]

This!

Is there no other avenue regarding contacting the owner? Via Facebook or something?

this is the last message i got. [color=#282828]Hi Andrew[/color]

[color=#282828]"Could you pack the bass (i'll pay for the packing and your time for doing it) and if i arrange a courier to pick it up could we do that?"

Cheers
Geoff[/color]

[color=#282828]i replied with. "[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]yeah i can do that buddy. but what shall i pack it in.? I'm a bit worried about sending the bass without a hard case.." my pm is dated May 12th.[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nothing since. [/font][/color][list]
[*][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=send&do=replyForm&topicID=410491&msgID=1075654"]Reply[/url]
[/list]

Edited by bubinga5

Why should Andrew be footing the bill for the courier?? If he's done somebody a favour, picked up a bass for them and stored it for several months at his home (and inconvenience) surely the responsibility for collecting it now lies with the "owner".

As to whether Andrew has the right to sell it, surely the item has now been "abandoned" so is, in effect, Andrew's?? I'd send a message along the lines of "you have x amount of time to arrange for collection after which time i will dispose of it in any manner I see fit.."

So come on Geoff, if you want the bass get your finger out and make arrangements to get it out of his home.

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1432748211' post='2784601']
Can we not arrange a bass relay and deliver it? Helps out the OP and the owner.....and is just a nice thing to do :)
[/quote]

Yes perhaps we could. Do we know where both parties are located?

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1432473409' post='2781768']
Why should Andrew be footing the bill for the courier?? If he's done somebody a favour, picked up a bass for them and stored it for several months at his home (and inconvenience) surely the responsibility for collecting it now lies with the "owner".

As to whether Andrew has the right to sell it, surely the item has now been "abandoned" so is, in effect, Andrew's?? I'd send a message along the lines of "you have x amount of time to arrange for collection after which time i will dispose of it in any manner I see fit.."

So come on Geoff, if you want the bass get your finger out and make arrangements to get it out of his home.
[/quote]

The guy (Geoff) has said (according to Andrew) this "[color=#282828]Could you pack the bass (i'll pay for the packing and your time for doing it) and if i arrange a courier to pick it up could we do that?"[/color] which states that he (Geoff) will arrange for the courier (and hence pay for it) and he (Geoff) will also pay Andrew for the cost and time involved in packaging the bass.

I know beta funk from various conversations on here. He does come across as a really nice bloke . I think he may have moved house!
Apparently , he used to live not too far from me. However, over the last couple of weeks, he was selling a couple of basses , and that was from Lincoln( I think /istbc).

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]bubinga5, on 24 May 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]do you want me to sell the bass bud. ? i will give you the cash obviously. plus 98% service charge. he he only kidding.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi Andrew[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"Loads of apologies for not replying earlier.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]What about if i send you a hard case with some tape etc for wrapping it and get a courier to pick it up?"[/font][/color]

[color=#777777][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Sent 28 May 2015 - 11:52 PM[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#777777][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Me.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"Hey bud. no probs. just send me a hard case and a courier date. i can do the rest. " [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]no reply since.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]im not sure if he really wants this bass. if he doesn't respond within the weekend. its going up for sale on the BC market[/color][/font]

Edited by bubinga5