Why become a member? ×

Im in a Conundrum.

bubinga5

2 years ago i picked up a bass for a guy who bought a bass from the Gloucester area. he posted, could a BCer pick it up for him.. not sure if anyone can remember the post. anyway i did . i travelled 15 miles to pick it up for him. i kept the bass in a hard case. i did that for about a year and a half. i can't put instruments in the loft because of the cold. so have to keep them in the music room and we just don't have room.

nearly 3 years later, i still have the bass. my wife is getting a little pissed off, as am i.. he's a top bloke, but i don't know what to do with this bass. I'm hoping he has seen this, and it gives him a kick up the arse… if not its for sale.. you have been warned.

Edited by bubinga5

You truly must have the patience of a saint! I'd be giving a firmer kick up the arse than that after a couple of weeks.

Ridiculously good of you to a) do the favour in buying and holding on the the bass in the first place
and B) having a super human amount of patience and still being so good about it.

Hope it's sorted to your satisfaction :)

Edited by Subbeh

Guest MoJo

[quote name='ChunkyMunky' timestamp='1432346160' post='2780742']
Wait, this is kind of going over my head a little.

You've bought a bass from a guy and it's taking up too much room?
[/quote]

As I understand it Bubinga5 collected a bass from the seller on behalf of the purchaser who has never shown up to collect the bass

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1432350104' post='2780746']
As I understand it Bubinga5 collected a bass from the seller on behalf of the purchaser who has never shown up to collect the bass
[/quote]

That makes much more sense. It's going to be a decent bass at least, right?

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1432348927' post='2780743']
I'm just stunned you've hung on to it for this long!

I presume PM's went unanswered?

Is it worth naming the individual in case someone else here knows him and can give him a nudge?
[/quote]i have messaged him many times. he's a cat that is well known. he hasn't got back to me. i don't want to get rid of the bass without his say so. but its got to a point that i have no choice. .

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1432362115' post='2780775']
said bass is for sale. when the mods decide its ok. jeez.
[/quote]

Have you been on to anyone on the Mods Team?

If not, then so long as it is currently your bass, that is, you paid out the dosh and therefore own it, then there is no problem with you advertising it. :)

If you have already contacted one of us and are awaiting a decision, then just ignore me :D

If the seller has been paid, and you have made every reasonable effort to get the buyer to collect it, I can't see the problem in now selling it on. I presume if the seller had not been paid, they would have asked for it back long ago!

If you didn't pay for it bubinga - then it's legaly not yours to sell, even though it seems to be 'unclaimed property' so I don't know for sure.

How about you try to contact the guy by any means you have & say 'look I've got £250 (or whatever it's worth) in my hand for you" :P

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1432367136' post='2780806']
If you didn't pay for it bubinga - then it's legaly not yours to sell, even though it seems to be 'unclaimed property' so I don't know for sure.

How about you try to contact the guy by any means you have & say 'look I've got £250 (or whatever it's worth) in my hand for you" :P
[/quote]i have contacted him. sorry I'm not selling it for my benefit. I've put it up for sale. i will let him know when the bass is sold, and will give him the money. plus my rent charge. he he. its only .5 %. to be honest its the wife that is pissed off. i want to sell the bass and give him what he's due.

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1432368888' post='2780827']
Maybe the poor guy is still trying to summon up the courage to tell his wife that he's bought yet another bass lol.
[/quote]
Sorry - went back to edit for spelling and hit quote instead of edit!

Edited by mr zed

Be careful Bubinga, it's not really your bass to sell, is it?

I suggest that you get the mods to get in contact with the owner on your behalf - they do have more means of identifying him or her.

Just trying to keep you out of trouble in case it all goes pear shaped. :)

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1432359076' post='2780756']
i have messaged him many times. he's a cat that is well known. he hasn't got back to me. i don't want to get rid of the bass without his say so. but its got to a point that i have no choice. .
[/quote]

send him an advisory letter that henceforth you will be charging storage fee and stipulate the daily rate

have you tried asking the mods to mediate yet? presumably they would be able to contact him through his regular email address

Edited by steve-bbb

this has been going on for quite a long time. 2 years. i don't want the bass, and don't want any profit from it. recent PM's.. http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=view&do=showConversation&topicID=410491&msgID=__firstUnread__