Why become a member? ×

Landscape Swing Bass - recommendation

ianent

If anyone is thinking about purchasing an electric Upright I can recommend one of these beautiful basses, (if you can find one!!!)

the only place I can see them online is here: http://www.keymusic.com/item/landscape-swing-bass-standard-avc/

When I reached the age of 50 (a few years ago) I decided it was time to treat myself having played other peoples over the years. I actually ordered a 3/4 size traditional double bass (Chinese) but it took so long to arrive that the seller was so embarrassed that he gave me my deposit back and I then found this Instrument at The Music Room Cleckheaton (West Yorkshire) http://www.themusicroom-online.co.uk/news.php?id=3 I paid around £700 and this included a really smart carry case which resembled a fisherman's rod case.

Made in Korea to a very high quality the Bass Spec :
[color=#333333][font=arial][size=3]This perfectly balanced swing bass features a solid Alder body with original body arm, maple neck Bolt-on with original head stock, Solid ebony fingerboard 42.5", Landscape original GB-2 machine heads Gotoh-Japan, D'Addario HP-610 strings USA, Maple bridge & Ebony tailpiece, Fishman USA BP-100 Piezo-PU + original magnetic-PU, Original blend circuit + 2-band EQ (low&Mid). Gigbag included. A true masterpiece[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial][size=3] [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial]I noticed a post on here discussing Stagg EUBs and before I purchased mine I tried out a few of the more well known makes and found them sadly lacking, did not feel right, buzzed on fingerboard, I knew Paul McNab (Huddersfield Bass Player who made the fantastic 'Paulman' Basses) and before his sad passing I nearly purchased the last one he made. The Landscape bass is the only thing that comes anywhere near his instruments in looks, finish, and playability. [/font][/color]

• 4 months later...

I realize this looks like bumping a zombie thread but since there is so little to be found on the internet about this (apparently pretty good) EUB, I am wondering how you feel about the instrument six months down the line? Would be great hearing some more about it since I am in the opportunity of getting one myself and am pondering between the Landscape or a NS NXT.