Why become a member? ×

Line6 Synth effect

anaxcrosswords

My Line6 300W combo has a synth effect, accessed via a knob on the far right. The result is that the occasional note comes out as something resembling flatulence but, mostly, it produces nothing at all.
Is it just a feature of the amp that’s known to be rubbish, or is there some trick in terms of other amp settings or maybe choice of pickups to get the desired input?

Without having played the amp, I'd say it's the way it is. I use a line 6 pod x3 as a backup/can't be bothered with a load in rig, and the synth sounds are much the same. Even on the bass presets, I haven't fiddled with them as I wouldn't use them anyway.

Is it possible to get a good synth sound from a bass? The only one I heard that seemed OK was the Godlyke TWA but at a very hefty price. My experience of Line 6 is that they produce thousands of sounds with 98% of them being unusable.

Thanks guys.
I was just thinking about the [i][b]Hysteria [/b][/i]bassline and being prepared to buy an FX unit it if looked liked I'd ever get round to playing it with a band. It prompted me to remember there's a synth effect on the Line6 which I've never found a way to use properly - glad to know others have the same experience of the Line6.

Edited by anaxcrosswords

[quote name='anaxcrosswords' timestamp='1432479419' post='2781837']
My Line6 300W combo has a synth effect, accessed via a knob on the far right. The result is that the occasional note comes out as something resembling flatulence but, mostly, it produces nothing at all.
Is it just a feature of the amp that’s known to be rubbish, or is there some trick in terms of other amp settings or maybe choice of pickups to get the desired input?
[/quote]

If there's no sound at all, there's something wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to use the Line6 Studio 110 and the 300pro. I used to use the synths fine on both. You have to play extremely cleanly though. It'll also help if you crank the treble up (as it's using note recognition). A line like hysteria is probably a bit quick for it though. I used to mess around playing Deeper underground with it :D