Why become a member? ×

Desert Island Bass

ChunkyMunky

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1432537983' post='2782310']
I would take my Upright and play Jazz solos all day and night.
That should be able to keep any wild animals at a distance.
[/quote]
Unless they really like chromatic harmony and a relaxed approach to timekeeping ?

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1432541651' post='2782349']
I'd take a fretless nine string. Stuck on the desert island, I'd have sufficient time to learn how to play it properly. And if I got bored of life on the island, I could use the strings to tie together bamboo poles to make a raft.

(Yes, I know that this is actually a ten string).
[/quote]

And you'd never be short of fishing line

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1432541651' post='2782349']
I'd take a fretless nine string. Stuck on the desert island, I'd have sufficient time to learn how to play it properly. And if I got bored of life on the island, I could use the strings to tie together bamboo poles to make a raft.

(Yes, I know that this is actually a ten string).
[/quote]

You don't need the bamboo poles, you could use that bass as a raft! :D

Ooh! tough this one, probably my Jazz, although my still to be mastered Stingray V HH would perhaps pip it at the arrival at the island. Assuming of course, I would have an amp, electricity and an endless supply of 9v batteries!

Edited by Bobthedog

[quote name='Bobthedog' timestamp='1432545081' post='2782389']
Ooh! tough this one, probably my Jazz, although my still to be mastered Stingray V HH would perhaps pip it at the arrival at the island. Assuming of course, I would have an amp, electricity and an endless supply of 9v batteries!
[/quote]

I'm assuming there would be solar powered amp already on the island. Left over from a lost civilisation who used to worship it as a god.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1432546132' post='2782416']
I'm assuming there would be solar powered amp already on the island.
[/quote]

I'm assuming there wouldn't be. This is basically a 'what's your favourite bass' thread, isn't it? If you were really stranded on a desert island with a bass (how??) I don't think practicing your scales would be a priority. In fact you'd probably have to burn your bass on a signal fire.

Am I not taking this in the spirit in which it was intended?? :D

I'd take my Rickenbacker and subtly modify it so it no longer looks original. Then when I try to sell it to one of the natives I could be assured of being dragged into a court room by Mr Hall, thereby being rescued from my predicament

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1432546364' post='2782422']

I'm assuming there wouldn't be. This is basically a 'what's your favourite bass' thread, isn't it? If you were really stranded on a desert island with a bass (how?)
[/quote]

OK, what's happened is I'm playing in a band on a cruise ship, using my favourite bass (natch). The ship starts to sink and it's every man for himself. So I cling to the bass and paddle it to shore like a surf board.

Obvious really, isn't it?