Why become a member? ×

Fender Tour with the Fender All-Star Band

skej21

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1432724203' post='2784250']
Booked for Nottingham anyone else going?
[/quote]

Printed off a ticket on the off chance but it says 7pm start so not sure if I'll get to town that early, depends on work.

• 1 month later...

Glasgow gig last night. Managed to catch Yolanda's set. Astounding bassist covering quite a few styles.
Some instantly recognised bass riffs which i don't want to give the game away.
She was def the highlight for me and comes across as a very charming and funny lady.

All in all not a bad night for the money :D

Enjoy

Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1436356383' post='2817391']
Glasgow gig last night. Managed to catch Yolanda's set. Astounding bassist covering quite a few styles.
Some instantly recognised bass riffs which i don't want to give the game away.
She was def the highlight for me and comes across as a very charming and funny lady.

All in all not a bad night for the money :D

Enjoy

Dave
[/quote]

I've booked for the London one but no-idea what to expect... Is it just a gig? or more like a trade show kinda thing?

Seems like the tickets for London are no longer available? Or is it a script being blocked by my browser...?

Would be hilarious if everyone on here showed up wearing something from BC. You'll be able to spot each other easily, too.

The event as a whole was a wee bit disappointing IMO, although it was free so I'd have a cheek to complain. Roughly half a dozen Fender instruments dotted around, three of them plugged into small amps with headphones for you to have a bash - and only two basses. Highlight was easily the Fender band - Yolanda Charles is a fantastic bassist and genuinely looked like she was loving every second of it. As a Jamiroquai fan, getting to see Rob Harris on guitar was a treat - great player, and from the instant his pick first came into contact with his strings, his tone was gorgeous. All Fender gear, of course ;)

I left during JJ Rosa's set so I missed the Q&A and any other delights, unfortunately.

Edited by Funky Dunky

The heads up on my part was more for the free evening of inspiring live musicians!

If anything, by bringing so few basses to showcase, Fender have done us all a favour and saved us the cost of a new bass AND a night out at a quality gig! Bravo Fender, bravo!!

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1436449677' post='2818249']
One P bass and one Jazz. That was it. Both four string, both USA Standard models.
[/quote]

OK, pretty much got those covered with what I have but I could have a quick noodle to A-B them against my own I suppose.

So, I went to this last night in York. My mate who went with me informed me it was 'a bit disappointing' from a gear perspective but I'm not really bothered about that. They could have had 30 basses out and I wouldn't have picked one up, as I can play bass in the comfort of my own home and it's a showcase, not a shop or a bass guitar show :-)

Yolanda Charles, Rob Harris and Gergo Borlai were outstanding! Got a chance to chat with Yolanda after at the bar and (as she has been on every other occasion that I've met her) she was humble, generous and inspiring. I could have turned up and spent an hour watching live musicians with a tenth of their ability and it would have been worth the trip out (because it didn't cost anything!).

Great night. Hopefully they'll refine the experience/showcase side of things for the gear heads in future but I think they've made a real statement by getting such great musicians to head out and show off their instruments.