Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Magazine

Andyjr1515

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1432896934' post='2785962']I still like to turn real, tangible pages, though :D
[/quote]Me too but, after years of subscribing for a hard copy, there isn't so much content now that I've not read before or that I'm willing to chuck a fiver at. Same for Guitarist, Classic Rock, etc.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1432898363' post='2785994']
We're a dying breed. Some kids laughed at me in the street the other day - for carrying a newspaper. :blink:
[/quote]

They wouldn't be laughing if you clipped around the back of the head with said newspaper :D...you can't do that with a mobile device.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1432898363' post='2785994']
We're a dying breed. Some kids laughed at me in the street the other day - for carrying a newspaper. :blink:
[/quote]

Roll it up tightly, then a short smart rap across the bridge of the nose usually puts a stop to the mirth.

Edit - great minds Marv... :D

Edited by KevB

Really enjoyed this month's issue. I read it over coffee and cake in a garden centre tea room, thus making me eligible for the Basschat Old Bats club.
Bluejay's article was great, and I also enjoyed the
Divinity Roxx inteinterview. Plus the description of Steve Lawson as 'FX Warlock' made me smile.

• 4 weeks later...

Seem to be having problems viewing the instructional videos via the ios version of the Bass Guitar magazine app. For the last two issues the videos are just not appearing for me, anybody else? The Paul Geary and Philip Mann articles, in particular, i'm finding very useful. I can't even view them on my PC using the Pocketmags reader anymore. Emailed support but they've not responded yet.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1435778347' post='2812406']
The editor, Joel McIver, is a member here - pm him.
[/quote]

Although he does editorial and page layout, not apps or the website, so I think using the email address relevant to the ios app is the right way to go - just give them a little time to reply.

They did get back and the advice was to delete and redownload the issues effected by this - this months Stu Hamm and last months Divinity Roxx issues - and this i did but the video content is still not available. All my past issues are functioning normally. Thanks for the advice, though.

[quote name='sandblast' timestamp='1435840594' post='2812910']
I must admit that i find contacting them and contacting them exhausting. I'd be quite happy if they just put the videos up on the BGM website or on their YouTube page.
[/quote]

Sorry for the delay in answering this. I'll have a word with the tech dept.

Joel

Just picked up the new issue, had a flick through and I'm looking forward to reading it.
I have one gripe, which occurs regularly; in the review section, there are often reviews where there isn't a picture of the whole bass in one shot. Making it difficult to judge the overall aesthetic of the reviewed bass.