Why become a member? ×

Cabs in shed

bluesparky

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1433247436' post='2789308']
Put your wife in the shed, speakers in the bedroom?
[/quote]

[b][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"A[color=#404040] maid in the parlour, a cook in the kitchen[/color][color=#404040] and ... a [/color][color=#404040]cab in the bedroom"?[/color][/font][/size][/b]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1432981408' post='2786719']
Mert, I'm not sure I'd get away with basses on the living room wall.

You're much braver than me to try that one on.
[/quote]

Mrs Zero loves the seven basses adorning our walls...

I used to keep my cabs in the under stairs cupboard in our last house. Easy to dig out for rehearsals & gigs, but out of the way for normal life (plus it saved lugging it upstairs). The only downside was digging it out from under all the coats & stuff that got lobbed in there. :D

My bass cabs used to get tucked side by side under this massive dinner table the last owner left in the house. It was the only place I could get them in and out easily for gigs.

Nicely out of the way until you kneecapped yourself on the corner pieces while tucking your chair forward to sit down.

Converted my shed to a studio this year following arrival of baby as wife insisted the house was to be a music gear free space. Soundproofed, insulated, dry lined, plastered, double glazed, ventilated and alarmed. I use a humidity controller / air conditioner. Its more secure than the house, warmer and big enough that the whole band can rehearse in there. Now the wife complains constantly that she never sees me. She says I love the shed more than I do her. Clearly she's not as daft as she looks.