Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision - 2014 - American Standard - A1 - SOLD!
£895

spongebob

[size=5]Up for grabs is my 2014 Olympic White/Maple USA Standard Precision Bass.

I bought it brand new in my attempt to stay away from basses that shall not be named, and change things round a little.....I've found I can't! Have another possible one incoming, so I have to fund it with my Precision.

It has been lovingly looked after by me - strung with D'addario 45-105 Nickels.

The condition is [b]superb/immaculate[/b]. A few tiny, tiny indentations (caused by my strap) on the rear - the camera will not even pick them up. Besides that, it looks like it's just come from the factory. Tiny bit of pitting on the tuning keys - there from new - again, too small for the camera, but mentioned in the name of 100% honesty.

Hardcase and all 'candy' included. Case is also superb, couple of tiny grazes from when it's been to the studio.

If you are after an almost new bass at a used price, look no further. Like all post-2012's, it has the [b]Custom Shop pickups.[/b]

The bass sounds immense, and [u]100% classic Precision[/u]. I used it on our bands' latest EP - you can hear the bass in action here -

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-xHT-cUC4"]https://www.youtube....h?v=mA-xHT-cUC4[/url]

Recorded 'live' from my rig, no effects.

Weight-wise, I do not own a set of scales - but if anyone else has played a new P, I'm sure they can testify to their lightweight feel.

Best UK price I can find on these is £1170 - [u]all I require is [s]£875.[/s][/u] [u][b][s]NOW £850[/s]. £825. [/b][/u]Shipping is now included, UK only.

Payment by Bank Transfer please - or cash on collection also welcome. I am located on the Romney Marsh in Kent.[/size]

[size=5]If your requirements are a mint bass at a used price, look no further. If it wasn't for my love of the 'dark side', I'd hang on to this beauty....but financial needs must.[/size]

[size=5]Sorry, no trades. Straight sale only.[/size]

[size=5][i]Please check my Feedback thread for validity of my sales.[/i]

Please PM for any more details and interest, and thanks for looking! SB :D[/size]

[attachment=193256:front20150510_120639.jpg]

Edited by spongebob

[quote name='cana.dan' timestamp='1433092368' post='2787759']
Not fair! The EXACT bass that I want comes up for a great price when I have 0 cash.
[/quote]
[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1433109349' post='2787985']
I had the same bass, and really miss it :( neck was too big for my girl hands though. GLWTS dude
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind comments! :)

Borrowed some bathroom scales - apologies for the upside down image - can't seem to turn it around!

Bass comes in at spot on 4kg - 8.8lbs says the Google converter. :)

Edited by spongebob

• 2 weeks later...

This beauty is still up for grabs, folks - no, I can't believe it either at this price!

I have just re-strung this with a brand new set of D'addario 45-105 Nickels, so it sounds better than ever.

So can I have a B-U-M-P! :D

Edited by spongebob

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1435085377' post='2805363']
Sounds excellent on the you tube link, very nice indeed.
GLWTS
[/quote]

Agree, once of the nicest recorded Precision tones I`ve heard in a long time.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1435085377' post='2805363']
Sounds excellent on the you tube link, very nice indeed.
GLWTS
[/quote]
[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1435097439' post='2805540']
Agree, once of the nicest recorded Precision tones I`ve heard in a long time.
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words chaps, appreciated.

At the risk of derailing my own thread, the P is the pure tone - Fender amp and cab mic'd.

At this rate I'm still tempted to keep this, but I'll leave it for a little longer....and then it's likely to stay at chez Spongebob!

Sorry, I'm going to withdraw this from sale.

I do love it, and after a month with zero interest, I think it's fate's way of telling to keep it.

Playing it today, it's sounding great.....brilliant playing and sounding P.

So it's staying with Spongebob!��

Edited by spongebob

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1436290807' post='2816814']
Sorry, I'm going to withdraw this from sale.

I do love it, and after a month with zero interest, I think it's fate's way of telling to keep it.

Playing it today, it's sounding great.....brilliant playing and sounding P.

So it's staying with Spongebob!��
[/quote]

Good move mate, killer bass to have around :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1440624007' post='2852552']
Reopened Fender Precision - American Standard

Bump.
[/quote]

Many thanks.

TBH, I'm just not using it - and I've got terrible GAS for another vintage R*********** to go alongside my '74. Not found one yet, but this would free up some funds.....! :unsure:

Free BUMP from me re this bass - it was the soundclips that forced me - yes forced me - to go and buy one of these basses in my fave black/maple combination. The nicest recorded Precision tone I`d heard in a very long time. The quality of these basses is amazing as well.