Why become a member? ×

Introducing myself!

Joboy30

Hi guys!

Just a brief intro..

I only just joined up with these forums, to be part of a larger bass community, and also because I have 2 beloved Warwick basses I wanted to post on here and see if any fellow bass brothers or sisters from around the world would like to buy them :)

In short, I am a Professional Freelance/Session musician here in Melbourne, Australia.

I have had the privilege to work and tour with some great artists here in this country, from local singers and songwriters to well known acts and shows that tour the country. On occasion I have also recorded with artists from around the world who have come to Australia to record their projects. Like most of us, my time is split between some regular 'bread and butter' gigs, corporate work, Weddings, working and touring with Artists, and the occasional tribute show, as well as being blessed to regularly work with some of Australia's top-call players, not to mention a few tv celebs sprinkled in here and there!

I will have a web-site back up in the coming weeks with a proper bio and more info.

Not sure what else to write, my main gear is a Mark Bass 4x10 rear-ported cab, paired with a MarkBass F1 head.

Basses I currently use are a Sadowsky Metro-5 as a main workhorse, a Warwick Streamer Stage I 6 NT, and a Warwick NT Thumb bass 6.

Anyway, hope you're all having a great day.. will put up some posts about the basses for sale soon also :)

Many thanks,

John

Good afternoon, John, and ...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167528]

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. I've a friend in Australia; do you know him..? :)

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1433161857' post='2788371']
Good afternoon, John, and ...

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. I've a friend in Australia; do you know him..? :)
[/quote]

Thanks very much!

Haha yes I love that question :P I just like to tell my friends "I have a mate on a land mass somewhere.. you may have heard of him..." :P

All the best!

J