Why become a member? ×

June Composition Challenge - GET WRITING!

Skol303

[color=#800000][size=5][b]June’s Composition Challenge is now underway![/b][/size][/color]

[size=5]Here’s the image for your inspiration, chosen by last month's winner [b]the boy[/b]…[/size]

[size=5]And here are the rules 'n' stuff…[/size]

[size=4]By entering the competition you agree to the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules"]Basschat Terms & Conditions[/url] and [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/3178-forum-guidelines/"]Forum Guidelines[/url], which are designed to help ensure the forum remains free of offensive and/or illegal behaviour and material. In a nutshell:[/size]

[size=4][b]1) Please avoid any content that other forum users may find offensive[/b]. If your track contains explicit lyrics, for example, then please warn other forum users so they can choose for themselves whether to listen to it.[/size]

[size=4][b]2) Please make sure you have permission to use any 3rd party sounds included in your track[/b] (ie. sounds that you have not recorded yourself, such as samples of other people's music). The owners of Basschat accept no responsibility for infringements of copyright or other forms of legal ownership, which are solely the responsibility of competition entrants. If we spot any breaches of copyright then your track will be removed from the competition.[/size]

[size=4]For reference: here's a great source of copyright-free material, all available under Creative Commons license: http://www.freesound.org/[/size]

[size=4][b]3) Entries should be no more than five minutes long and written/produced during the month of the competition[/b], taking inspiration from the photo provided. No cheating![/size]

[size=4]If you have any questions about the competition rules, just ask.[/size]

[size=5][color=#800000][b]The deadline for entries is midnight on Tuesday 23rd June.[/b][/color][/size]

excellent picture

A normal day in the Lurks family life ....

Funny enough , I asked Lurksalittle if she would work on this months with me , she said "only if it is a picture of me" well, after the last couple of weeks , this picture could be :lol:

Definitely raucous is my first train of thought *

* the usual caveat that the whole train of thought is subject to appropriatte derailment as normal :D

Edited by lurksalot

We have a winner already..! Nice one, paul; send in your pic and we'll start the next challenge... ;) :P :lol:

I'm not very experienced in this sort of ambience, and so I'll take my time this time. Not that you'll notice any difference in the result, of course..! :blush: Don't wait up for me...

Thanks guys. The only way I'm ever going to get first methinks :D

Yeah I like heavier stuff but I can't play it and I've just learned that I can't record or mix it either so no point in trying too hard :D

Looking forward to hearing the other contributions :)

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1433264100' post='2789562']
I've done something which may appal everyone... Myself included!
Now do I dare upload it, and perhaps do a slightly more accessible one as well?
[/quote]

Well Lenny, if you do upload them, make sure the bomb squad diffuses at least one first.
Basschat doesn't like more than one disaster in a day.
Looks bad in the newspapers and upsets members at their breakfast....old boy. :D

Looking forward to what you have come up with - always something different.

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1433319718' post='2789960']
I put something together last night that I think is a credible starting point, Just need to see where it goes. It laternated between bars of 3:4 and 7:8. Yummy!!
[/quote]

Just call it 13/8, you jazz-progger you! :P

I have a friend from Newcastle who's a dead ringer for the women in the photo and she's a very calm and collected sort - not the type to rage as per the image - so I keep looking at it and thinking: "Wow, something must've REALLY peed off Jenn!".

...I might use that as a starting point. Or the title!?

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1433362179' post='2790512']
Here we go then, folks, try this for size...

[url="https://soundcloud.com/dad3353/pachelbel-passion"]Pachelbel Passion ...[/url]

Enjoy. B)
[/quote]

Really enjoyed that :) Good job :)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1433362179' post='2790512']
Here we go then, folks, try this for size...

[url="https://soundcloud.com/dad3353/pachelbel-passion"]Pachelbel Passion ...[/url]

Enjoy. B)
[/quote]

Particularly like the Henry Threadgill style bass horns!
I'll bet your compo next month will be dissonant and/or modal jazz...