Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* -- EMG 40-TW pickups x 2 -- drop me a PM if interested
£100

PRICE DROP
NOW [b]£35 EACH[/b] OR [b]£65 THE PAIR[/b].
P&P included.

Up for grabs are a pair of EMG 40-TW pickups, until recently installed in my custom Shuker bass. [u]I would prefer to sell as a pair, but will split if needs be[/u].
Operationally they are perfect; physically there are faint signs of wear to the facings (which I will see if I can polish out), and the EMG logos are somewhat faded (some might say this is a good thing!). What you see is what you get, in that the wiring looms end in bare wires and the volume pots are not included.
There's not a lot more I can say about them, except to include an excerpt from the EMG site [url="http://www.emgpickups.com/40tw.html"]http://www.emgpickups.com/40tw.html[/url]:

[i]"Inside the 40TW pickup are both single and dual-coil pickups, each with its own output. The single-coil mode is a new version of our J pickup built in the CS (ceramic and steel). The dual-coil mode is our popular CS dual-coil consisting of two coils opposite one another creating a pickup similar to model 40CS. A push/pull volume (or tone) pot allows you to change from the clarity of a single-coil to the fatness of a dual-coil. The 40TW can be used with any of EMG's tone enhancing circuits on either pickup output. This pickup uses a 40 Extended housing that is 4" (102mm)."[/i]

So there you go. Flexibility and legendary clarity all in the one little package.

P&P included. Not really looking for trades, would much prefer a straight sale.

PayPal gift is ideal, cheque is ok and pickup(s) will be despatched upon clearance. If you don't trust me, non-gift PayPal is fine too as long as you pick up any applicable fees.

[attachment=193506:EMG bridge 1.JPG] [attachment=193507:EMG neck 1.JPG]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A "[i]Seriously?? I can NOT believe nobody wants these excellent pickups at this ridiculous bargain price[/i]" type bump. Any cheaper and it'd cost me more to post the damn things than I'd get by selling them. I don't need them at the moment, but I'm not that desperate to sell that I'm going to give them away. I'll give it another week and them withdraw them, and wait till I get a bass that they fit :)