Why become a member? ×

Cliff Bordwell (CB) SOLD
£1950

Spoombung

[quote name='LukeGTE' timestamp='1461232825' post='3032635']
I've played this on two separate trips to The Gallery. It's f***ing amazing, one of the few basses that has left a strong impression on me. If I hadn't decided to go down the custom build route (30.5" ACG), I would have snapped this up. I'd never heard of CB before but will keep an eye out for them now.

Due to the light weight, the medium scale and the narrow spacing at the nut, it's a dream to play. Add to this the fact it sounds gnarly as f***, it's an absolute machine. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics. I like something darker or shinier, although clearly that's subjective. But due to the playability and tone, I'd have this over any of the other basses I've tried at The Gallery (several Wals, Foderas, Ken Smiths, and my previous favourite, a Pedulla).

GLWTS. This bass will make someone very happy
[/quote]

Thanks, Luke.

As you said it's as 'gnarly as Feck'- if you want that elusive wiry, penetrating, vibrating gnarl to your sound this is the bass for you. ;)

Edited by Spoombung

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1462717805' post='3045126']

[/quote]

I'm not sure using me to model the bass is a good idea, you might put folks off :o

Eude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1462784088' post='3045570']
I'm not sure using me to model the bass is a good idea, you might put folks off :o

Eude
[/quote]

Is it true that you're 6' 10" and a former linebacker for the Pittsburgh Steelers?

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1466079746' post='3073221']
Is it true that you're 6' 10" and a former linebacker for the Pittsburgh Steelers?
[/quote]
I was, until I was shrunk by an evil genius by means of a shrink ray!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very pretty looking bass indeed. I love holly tops.

Nearly bought one of these used in the US because they are such good value (relative to workmanship) over there but timing was too complicated.

I wouldn't be pu off by the 32" scale at all. I regularly play 33" and love it :)