Why become a member? ×

bass lessons in Southend on Sea

Shonks

hello,
for those of you that don't know me on this site (cause Ive been here a long time)
I'm known to my friends and colleagues as Shonkers, Shonks for short, real name is Steve Shone.
I've been playing since the age of 14, and professionally from the age of 19, Im now 61, so work out how long I've playing.

My first job was taking over from [b]Jeff Clyne[/b] (God rest his soul) in a British Fusion band called[b] Isotope[/b] back in the 70's, it was down hill all the way from there....haha!

I've played with quite a few celebs in my time and if you Google me you can check me out.

You can listen to me on Soundcloud, just dial in[b] Palmgrease[/b], thats the name of my production company, look out for the black hand on a yellow background.

anyway....

Im happy to give lessons and share my hard and long earned experiences.
I charge[b] £30 an hour[/b] but I'm not that strict on time if I'm enjoying myself...although you could be out in 10 mins if I'm not...hahaha!

My lessons aren't formal and I have no qualifications at all...however..

I did the musician Union rock school tours several times with distinguished others.
I've lectured at Leeds Uni and the Guild Hall.

I've also taught some bass guitaring mastards...I mean masters and a few pop bassist too, but I wont name names

to book or chat about lessons , email via this site and I'll get back to you promptly.

[color=#B22222] [/color][color=#b22222](get the first two strings sorted and then you can go gigging before you know what the other strings are for) :yarr:[/color]

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...