Why become a member? ×

Test and Win - New Elixir Strings

ped

Elixir strings have been a sponsor of Basschat for several years now and they have offered several competitions and giveaways during that time.

Elixir now want your help in testing their new and improved strings. They're offering 20 members the chance to test their new and improved Nanoweb coated strings in return for some feedback about them. The best feedback will win a year's supply of strings (3 sets)

They say:

When we set out to redesign our bass range, the first thing we did was listen. Working closely with the global bass community, we asked 4000+ players what they needed from a bass string, and recruited 1000+ players for field trials to help improve our protective NANOWEB® Coating.

Their feedback drove the development of new Nickel Plated Steel and Stainless Steel Bass Guitar Strings. With improved performance and a wider choice, the new bass line that modern musicians demand is here.

The Nanoweb coating has been improved to make it more durable (I'd be interested to see how pick players get on with them) and the tension, profile and feel have all been tweaked.

The strings are available in nickel or steel depending on your tastes and Elixirs say the sound and feel is different, too.

How do you enter?

All I want you to do is to reply to this thread with the following information:

• Have you tried Elixir strings before?
  • What other brands are you familiar with?
  • What bass(es) will you try the new strings on?
  • What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing)
  • Why do you think you'll be a good candidate to test the strings?
  • Links to any blogs/reviews you may have already posted (not essential but interesting)

So - get posting. I've been using Elixirs for years now, and completely without bias I say they suit me down to the ground. A year's supply of strings for me would probably be a couple of sets because they just seem to last so well in my hands. My preference for the strings resulted in me contacting them a few years ago about advertising so I'm really pleased that the relationship between Elixir and Basschat has continued.

For more information about the strings and to have a look at the sizes available, check out the site http://www.elixirstrings.co.uk/bass/

Winners will be contacted on the 23rd June(ish) and the strings will be sent out at the end of June. Please make sure you respond to the PM (private message) quickly if you're successful otherwise another winner will be chosen!

We look forward to seeing what you guys think and good luck!

ped

This pic shows the Elixir Nanoweb coating, around the whole string rather than the wrap. This means the gaps in the wrap are protected.

5.2%2520Coating%2520Comparison%2520Illus

Table showing available sizes and some new additions to the range (all strings are the 'new' formula; the 'new' tag indicates it's a new/updated size being offered)

4.2%2520ES%2520Brochure%2520Bass%2520Lis

And here's the Elixir logo, just for fun

7.2%2520Elixir%2520Logo%2520Pos_zpsprkzv

BUT DON'T JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT! Here's a word from freelance session player Dan Lutz

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PVlqwaGNa0&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Hi Ped,

I'd love to give these a go, my sweat kills rounds and I'm forever changing the strings on my Modulus.

Answers to questions....

Yes, I've used Elixir before, but a long time ago when they first came out.
I currently use Thomastik, Labella & Fender flat and D'Addario and GHS rounds.
I will use these consistently on a Modulus FB4 and will try them on my Mike Lull PJ4 to test performance.
They will be used at home and for recording,
Over 20 years experience using various strings, and I constantly test which strings are best for my basses.

Edited by Chiliwailer

Yep, count me in![list]
[*][b]Have you tried Elixir strings before?[/b]
[*]Yes, not sure which exact set as they came already fitted when I bought the bass they were on.
[*][b]What other brands are you familiar with?[/b]
[*]Rotosound (RS66 'Swing Bass' are my usual choice of RW string), D'Addario, Ernie Ball, Martin, Dean Markley
[*][b]What bass(es) will you try the new strings on?[/b]
[*]Depending on how many sets they'd be prepared to send me: Gibson Thunderbird, Schecter Model T, Epiphone EB-3, Precision kit bass (w/ Fender '62 RI pickup), a 'Frankenbass' (Tonerider J-bass pickup), and possibly a Warwick-Rockbass Corvette Fretless
[*][b]What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing)[/b]
[*]Gigging and rehearsals, probably a few jam nights as well
[*][b]Why do you think you'll be a good candidate to test the strings?[/b]
[*]I play with a rather distinctive "lead bass" style which lends itself to a bright, prominent tone, and which also tends to wear out conventional roundwound strings rather quickly! (Have a gander at http://cherrywhite.bandcamp.com/album/staring-at-the-sun by way of example.) You could say I'm very familiar with the loss of "freshness" and clarity with uncoated strings, so I expect to be able to hear a significant difference.
[*][b]Links to any blogs/reviews you may have already posted (not essential but interesting)[/b]
[*]https://thecrowfrombelow.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/gear-review-4-hagstrm-hb-8/
[*]https://thecrowfrombelow.wordpress.com/2014/11/18/gear-review-gibson-thunderbird/
[*]https://thecrowfrombelow.wordpress.com/2013/10/25/gear-review-2-schecter-model-t/
[*]https://thecrowfrombelow.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/gear-review-1-ibanez-bass-tube-screamer/
[*][b][s]Your bank account details and online banking log in for ped[/s][/b]
[*]Hang on a minute...
[/list]

Have you tried Elixir strings before?
I have never owned any, but tried a bass recently and loved the feel of the strings, and was told that they were Elixirs. I've been thinking about getting some ever since.

What other brands are you familiar with?
R Cocco, Rotosound, EB Cobalt and Status

What bass(es) will you try the new strings on?
(One or both of) W&T Ergon 5 fretted and W&T EJ4 fretless

What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing)
Home practice (plugged and unplugged) gigging in reggae band.

Why do you think you'll be a good candidate to test the strings?
I play two very different basses, and at home play many genres of music. My amp is the last word in uncoloured transparent purity, so will get a very accurate idea of what the strings are like.
Gigging in a reggae band will really test their quality in the (very) low end.

Edited by Roland Rock

[list]
[*]Have you tried Elixir strings before? - I have indeed.
[*]What other brands are you familiar with? - Mainly Rotosound
[*]What bass(es) will you try the new strings on? - A Fender Jazz and a Washburn Taurus 12
[*]What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing) - Mainly live but with weekly rehearsal as well.
[*]Why do you think you'll be a good candidate to test the strings? - We play down in D so finding strings that can handle the drop is rather tricky. Also I am a sweaty sod which will give the Nanoweb a good thrashing.
[*]Links to any blogs/reviews you may have already posted (not essential but interesting) - I am neither essential or interesting :)
[/list]
Good to see the big brands supporting our wee community and vice versa :)

[list]
[*]Have you tried Elixir strings before?
[/list]
Yes, I had some on a Blade (it came with them) and they lasted for ages.[list]
[*]What other brands are you familiar with?
[/list]
Rotosound, D'Addario, and some 'budget' brands.[list]
[*]What bass(es) will you try the new strings on?
[/list]
Fretted Jazz 4 string and/or Fretless Precision[list]
[*]What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing)
[/list]
Everything from Jazz to metal. Most of my live work is in a NWOBHM band - think Steve Harris meets Lemmy - so they're guaranteed a thorough workout. Drop tuned to Eb, so I'll be able to see how they handle concert and drop tuning too. I also do small ensemble Jazz stuff, and a live 'Karaoke' band that plays pretty much everything - funk, disco, soul, slap etc...[list]
[*]Why do you think you'll be a good candidate to test the strings?
[/list]
I play in a few different outfits as well as writing and recording at home and I could give an honest opinion as to how well they perform in each situation - pick, slap and finger style. I also teach, so I'm in a great position to recommend to students!

My rig is a modded SWR head (no mid scoop, linear preamp response) into a Barefaced cab, so whatever noise the strings make gets heard.[list]
[*]Links to any blogs/reviews you may have already posted (not essential but interesting) N/A
[/list]

Edited by paul_5

[list]
[*]No
[*]Elites, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, D'addario,
[*]Musicman stingray (drop d) and a Jaydee Supernatural
[*][b]What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing)[/b]
[*]Gigging and practice
[*]I play in a covers band and I play a large range of styles from rock, pop, funk, Fingerstyle, Slap, Plectrum,
[/list]

Edited by LinoM

[list]
[*][b]Have you tried Elixir strings before? [/b]
[/list]
Yup! Elixirs are my 'go-to' strings and have used them almost exclusively for the last 2 years.[list]
[/list]
Various DR strings (coated), Fodera Stainless steels, Payson Stainless steels, D'addario (nickels and pro-steels), Rotosound 'swing' bass strings and a brief encounter with Ernie Ball Slinkys (pink packet). All of the strings are roundwounds.[list]
[/list]
Most likely my ACG Uber Recurve but possibly on the Warwick Thumb. Strings tend to make a very drastic difference for the thumb bass (more than I've noticed on any other bass).[list]
[/list]
Gigging definitely in an originals band , rehearsing in studios weekly as well as in the house direct into an interface. It's not set in stone yet but likely to be recording at some point in the near future too (dependant of course on the drummists ability to play our songs to a click).[list]
[/list]
I think I'd be quite a good candidate for reasons similar to EliasMooseBlaster in that in the band I am in the bass has a 'lead' role and I've tried lots of different strings to try and settle on what I found to work best in a mix. I tend to go for strings that can retain much brightness as possible as I find they not only stand out better in the mix but they react considerably better (objective, I suppose?) to the any pedals I use regularly. The clarity is one thing I always try to get from a set of strings as I find it retains the character of the particular bass. The band I am currently playing with tends to range from quite a few genres (funk, rock, hip-hop, metal and on a few occasions somewhat ambient soundscapes) which I found some strings can deal with but never quite 'excel' at doing this.

No previous reviews or blogs though other than a bloke I sent an overly long winded message to the other week about Mono cases!

Edited by Cameronj279

Yes, on bass guitar, acoustic guitar and electric guitars.

Dunlop, Rotosound, Fender, D'addario, Ernie Ball and Status Hot-wires. Forgot the Thomastiks on my P bass...

Yamaha BB series or Peavey GV

What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing)
Rehearsals twice a week, home practice and gigging.

Regular useage, tend to play a mix of pick/fingers/slap.

Links to any blogs/reviews you may have already posted (not essential but interesting)
http://youtu.be/0bt4ciTKooQ

D'addario piccolo strings, not a review but emailed to a customer who bought the strings.

Edited by AndyTravis

I'd be very interested in this.[list]
[*]Have you tried Elixir strings before? [i][color=#ff0000]No, the only coated strings I've ever tried are Roto Nexus.[/color][/i]
[*]What other brands are you familiar with? [color=#ff0000][i]Currently using Roto Nickel 45-130, but in the past I have used Fender nickels, Status roundcores and Warwick Reds.[/i][/color]
[*]What bass(es) will you try the new strings on? [color=#ff0000][i]My go-to bass is a Sire V7 jazz-style 5-string. I could also try the strings on my fretless 5-string if required.[/i][/color]
[*]What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing) [color=#ff0000][i]All three. Recording, rehearsing and gigging with two different bands.[/i][/color]
[*]Why do you think you'll be a good candidate to test the strings? [color=#ff0000][i]Between them, my two bands encompass a very wide range of musical genres, so I employ a variety of playing styles -- mainly fingerstyle but also pick, slap and even 10 seconds of tapping in one tune. So I will be able to give the strings a good comprehensive workout.[/i][/color]
[*]Links to any blogs/reviews you may have already posted (not essential but interesting)
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/258828-nbd-sire-marcus-miller-v7-alder-4-awh-audio/page__view__findpost__p__2736609"]http://basschat.co.u...ost__p__2736609[/url]
[*][s]Your bank account details and online banking log in for ped[/s] [color=#ff0000][i]Coutts Bank, a/c number 00000001, a/c name 'HM The Queen'. Login name 'brenda', password 'corgi1'.[/i][/color]
[/list]

Edited by UglyDog

[list]
[*][i][b]Have you tried Elixir strings before?[/b][/i]
[*]No
[*][i][b]What other brands are you familiar with?[/b][/i]
[*]Rotosound, DR, La Bella, D'Addario, Status, Ernie Ball, Pyramid, Fender
[*][i][b]What bass(es) will you try the new strings on?[/b][/i]
[*]Fender P Bass and Shergold Marathon Bass
[*][i][b]What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing)[/b][/i]
[*]Rehearsal, Gigging and Recording
[*][i][b]Why do you think you'll be a good candidate to test the strings?[/b][/i]
[*]Because I play many different styles, play for hours every day and have been playing since 1974. :)
[/list]

Edited by discreet

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Yes, I'm up for it, I have been a long time Elixir strings user![/color][/font]

[b]- Have you tried Elixir strings before[/b]?

Yes, I have used both nickel and steel and I currently have Elixir nickels in one of my basses.

[b]- What other brands are you familiar with?[/b]

D'addario, DR, Ernie Ball, La Bella, Thomastik, Fender, Rotosound

[b]- What bass(es) will you try the new strings on?[/b]

On my '77 Fender Jazz Bass, '75 Fender P Bass, '64 Custom Shop Jazz Bass and Stingray

[b]- What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing)[/b]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Gigging and reherarsing with both of my bands (rock band and function/wedding band). [/color][/font]

[b]- Why do you think you'll be a good candidate to test the strings?[/b]

Playing in a function band I need to cover quite a lot of tones due to the vast range of styles we play and the techniques involved. We cover funk, pop, R&B, soul, blues, rock and I often have to switch between fingerstyle, pic, slap, thumb muting and some tapping too!
With the rock band we are recording demos constantly so I will also have a chance to record with them as well as play them live.

I fell all the mentioned above, and the fact I spent hours a day playing bass, will give me the chance to really test the strings thoroughly and see how they respond on every situation.

Edited by PauBass

Sounds good to me![list]
[/list]
Nope. Heard all good stuff about them, but never got round to trying them out.[list]
[/list]
Rotosound, Elites and D'addarios (D'addario coated strings most recently)[list]
[/list]
Fender Precision Fretless, Fender Jazz, Musicman Stingray and Rickenbacker 4003[list]
[*]What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing)
[/list]
Home practicing, rehearsal studio band practice, live gigs (mostly pubs/bars) and church services[list]
[/list]
I use a variety of basses in a variety of different situations and I regularly switch between pick and fingerstyle, so the strings would get tested in situations ranging between quiet, mellow acoustic to loud distorted punk rock![list]
[*]Links to any blogs/reviews you may have already posted (not essential but interesting)
[/list]
Weekly posts on iamtheelvy.wordpress.com

Edited by iamtheelvy

Hi, I beleive I'd be the perfect candidate for this.

Yes, but actually only on guitar. They're amazing on 6 string, long life!

Pyramids, DR, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, D'addario. Currently using DR flats and regular slinkies.

2 x '74 P bass and '75 Jazz bass.

Recording, I write for library music. So chances are you'll be able to hear some examples of the strings in action, and those tracks will eventually make it onto TV. Gigging. In a Motown band, in a punk band and for sessions.

Been playing for 12 years at pro level so have a good ear, been endorsed with Ashdown, now Aguilar and various pedal companies so I am really into my gear. I am also articulate and able to express and relay the sonics onto paper.

Links to any blogs/reviews you may have already posted (not essential but interesting)
I am on the Palmer Website as I endorse their gear, big fan of the reamper and triage.

Thanks in advance,

Remy
[email protected]

-No I haven't tried Elixir strings before. Heard of them often. They are too expensive for me.
-D'Addario, Hartke. Tried D'Addario steel too. I liked those.
-I have a Squier Jazz (vintage modified). That's what I play because it is the only bass I have. I have this one because I like it.
-I will be playing them at band rehearsal, an occasional gig and practising
-I would say I am a very good candidate to try these strings, I am an amateur bassplayer with not that much money to spend on a passion. I would be interested though to spend more money on strings if indeed they would last in a good condition. I think for a company it is interesting to reach the gross of it's potential and not specificly the upper end of their public. Famous names are nice for advertising but it is people like me who mostly buy this stuff. So if you can convince me you're good to go. And I reckon the gross of bass-strings users are like me. Not the pro-crowd that is gigging all over the place. I think they will manage to buy good strings. I have good ears too, plus I am a good household economist.
-I do blog but never published anything on elixir string, because I haven't tried them yet.

Great stuff!
[list]
[/list]
Yes, I have used both the nickel and steel versions on a Jazz bass, Stingray, Squier VM Jazz and Westone bass. [list]
[/list]
​I have spent the last two years experimenting with a wide variety of strings in an attempt to find the strings best suited to my playing, including D'addarrio, Elite, Rotosound and Elixr. These have included Nickel, Steel, and flatwound versions with a variety of basses, set ups, and playing styles including fingerstlye, picking, slap, and tapping.
[list]
[/list]
[b]​[/b]My main bass of choice at the moment is an American Standard Jazz bass with 60's CS pick ups, but I will also use a Squier VM jazz and Westone Thunder bass.
[list]
[/list]
[b]​[/b][color=#222222]Practicing, home studio recording with three different projects focusing on different styles of music, two different rehearsal rooms (one very harsh and reflective, one more neutral), and gigging.[/color]
[list]
[*][b]Why do you think you'll be a good candidate to test the strings[/b]
[/list]
​[color=#222222]I employ a wide variety of playing styles for a wide variety of musical styles including jazz fusion, funk, rock, and more experimental music. I have been playing over 20 years and have a lot of experience of different strings and how they work in different contexts, from gigging to recording and feel I will be able to provide honest and constructive feedback of Elixr strings in various situations.[/color]

[list]
[*]Have you tried Elixir strings before? - I haven't but am willing to !
[*]What other brands are you familiar with? D'addarrio
[*]What bass(es) will you try the new strings on? Harley Benton Jazz Bass
[*]What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing) Practice at home.
[*]Why do you think you'll be a good candidate to test the strings? I play for 2-3 hours a day so they will get a good test on how long they last.
[*]Links to any blogs/reviews you may have already posted (not essential but interesting) Not applicable
[/list]

[list]
[/list]
Yes I have. I use them exclusively on guitar but didn't get on with them for bass when I tried a set about a year ago... felt like my strings were wrapped in a condom.[list]
[/list]
I use D'addario pro steels on my fretted basses and La Bella deep talkin flats on fretless.[list]
[/list]
Wal 6 string[list]
[/list]
Rehearsing and gigging (depending on whether I have any gigs during the test period)[list]
[/list]
Because I am an internationally renowned superstar of bass and thousands are influenced by my choice of strings.[list]
[/list]
I've only reveiwed stuff on BC... A Warwick Thumb NT 6 was the last one I did I think.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/247690-nbd-warwick-thumb-nt-6/page__p__2586197__hl__nbd%20warwick%20thumb%20nt__fromsearch__1#entry2586197"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2586197[/url]

Edited by CamdenRob

[list]
[*]No
[*]Rotosound, Elites, D'addario, Ernie Ball
[*]5er @ 35", 4er @ 34" & 30" as per string availability
[*]all three, but home studio rather than pro studio.
[*]Anything I use has to get the job done with minimum fuss, expenditure and maximum reliability - feel free to convince me that elixir strings are worth using in the real world for amateur and semi-pros on a tight budget (call me sceptic, but I never trust the opinion of endorsees who don't have to pay for the products they use). I won't be providing any free advertising with blog entries/facebook/twitter etc, just straightforward honest feedback here on basschat forum.
[/list]

•Have you tried Elixir strings before?
Yes, used Nanowebs when I first got an Ibanez, but that was some time ago

•What other brands are you familiar with?
D'addario, DR, GHS, Ernie Ball, Rotosound

•What bass(es) will you try the new strings on?
G&L SB2 and a L2000 if they can spare me a second set

•What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing)
Gigs, home practice (headphones), rehearsal

•Why do you think you'll be a good candidate to test the strings?
Play in a functions/covers bands so play many different styles and genres. I have tried several string manufacturers over the years, so have a good reference point for comparison

•Links to any blogs/reviews you may have already posted (not essential but interesting)
N/A

I won five sets in the last survey/comp that I completed on here. I've spectacularly failed to win anything over the years and thought it was a wind up when I received the email notification :D

So although it seems a bit selfish to enter again, why not.

My first experience with them was after winning last time.

Over the last few years I had been using DR Highbeams and D'addario Pro Steels

My two main gigging basses, G&L SB1's and probably on my 66 Jazz.

Gigging and practicing mostly. Possibly some studio time.

I play most days at home and also regularly gig with a covers/function band, covering rock, pop, dance, disco and funk.

[url="https://www.facebook.com/defunktband/photos/a.491207497602617.112080.355184051204963/867815679941795/?type=1&theater"]https://www.facebook...?type=1[/url]

The G&L has had a set of Elixir's on since February. I've done plenty of sweaty pub gigs since putting them on and they still feel and sound great. For most of our set I play with a pick, so the strings get a good bashing and to date are showing no signs of deterioration.
So far I'm very impressed.

I've played Elixir pretty much exclusively for the last few years having tried just about every other brand out there. I have quite acidic sweat which makes strings go off very quickly (like rubber bands), added to which nickel strings usually turn black after a few minutes use from me. I use the nickel Elixirs because the coating prevents this, and I did not like the sound of their steel strings when I tried them.
[list]
[*]Yes! Both guitar and bass: Long and Super Long scale sets.
[/list]
[list]
DR, Thomastik, Ritter Swordsteels, Optima, D'Addario, Rotosound, Elites, GHS, Dean Markley, Ernie Ball... I've tried them all!
[/list]
[list]
Fender Jazz Bass (fretted - XL scale), Fender Jazz Bass (fretless), Fender Precision, Fender Mustang (medium scale), Lakland Decade, Rickenbacker (copy - XL scale), PRS Kestrel, Ibanez SR 5-string.
[/list]
[list]
Gigging and Studio pretty much weekly, and practice.
[/list]
[list]
I'm particularly fussy about strings, and as explained above, many, if not most strings don't last long with me (like 2 hours playing time!). I'm also a complete tone junky, I've been known to change strings in the studio just to get a particular sound. I gig and record regularly in a variety of styles from 50s rockabilly and jazz, to pop, funk and heavy rock. I'm a pretty heavy player, fingers and pick so I really put strings through their paces. Considering the USP of Elixir, if I'm happy with them then anyone should be!
[/list]
[list]
I've only posted on here really, I think I've commented more than instigated but three things I've said about Elixirs are:
1. that they are the first strings I have not had to replace on a weekly basis, Elixirs last me 3-6 months.
2. that the long scale bass strings are too short for through body strung Fenders so I have to get the Extra Long,
3. and the steel variety when they came out (may have changed now) sounded very harsh to me - i prefer steel from most companies, but the Nickel Elixirs suited me for tone, playability and durability - plus I can play them without getting black fingers!
[/list]
I'll continue to buy Elixir's anyway, but new sets to try out would be awesome! I'm not shy about saying what I think of 'em :)

[list]
[*][size=4]Have you tried Elixir strings before? [/size][color=#800080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]No[/font][/color]
[/list]
[list]
[*][size=4]What other brands are you familiar with? [/size][color=#800080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]'Stock' (unkown brand...) strings on new basses, Rotosound (Swing Bass and Tru Bass...) and D'Addario[/font][/color]
[/list]
[list]
[*][size=4]What bass(es) will you try the new strings on? [/size][color=#800080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]'Douglas' 6-string active fretless and 'Cort' 5-string active fretted (not much point on my Hofner Verithin..!)[/font][/color]
[/list]
[list]
[*][size=4]What sort of environment will you be playing them in (e.g studio, gigging, practicing) [/size][color=#800080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mainly home use, rehearsals, some recording and a few local charity dates playing pop/rock covers[/font][/color]
[/list]
[list]
[*][size=4]Why do you think you'll be a good candidate to test the strings? [/size][color=#800080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As a bass player, I'd consider myself as close to Mr. Average, I've no axe to grind and ordinary fingers and ears.[/font][/color]
[/list]
[list]
[*][size=4]Links to any blogs/reviews you may have already posted (not essential but interesting) [/size][color=#800080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]No instrument/material reviews, but my redactional 'style' may be judged from my modest 'Basschat Composition Challenge' reviews; a couple of examples here ... [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/258714-march-plays-of-the-day-new-improved-formula"]March 'Play of the Day' ...[/url][/font][/color][color=#800080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] ... and here ... [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/262811-play-of-the-day-basschat-composition-challenge-may-2015"]May 'Play of the Day' ...[/url][/font][/color]
[/list]
[list]
[*][size=4][s]Your bank account details and online banking log in for ped[/s] [/size][color=#800080]​You already have that information.[/color] :mellow:
[/list]

Edited by Dad3353

[list]
[/list]
No[list]
[/list]
D'addario. Ernie Ball, DR[list]
[/list]
Ibanez SR300 (Active) and Squier self build bitsa (Passive) with Seymour Duncan and Wilkinson parts.[list]
[/list]
Practicing and music group at church most Sunday mornings.[list]
[/list]
I am below average bass player in terms of skill level but I am passionate and trying to improve all the time. I am always looking for components or accessories that will help me improve my sound. Whenever I review something I try to impartial but still clearly showing the pro's and con's in a fair and concise manner. I have also heard lots of good things about Elixir and I am keen to try some![list]
[*][b]Links to any blogs/reviews you may have already posted (not essential but interesting)[/b]
[/list]
Not specifically string related but these are reviews I have posted.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/220419-olp-mm3-ernie-ball-5-string-review/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/220419-olp-mm3-ernie-ball-5-string-review/[/url]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/198658-hartke-a100-bass-combo-review/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/198658-hartke-a100-bass-combo-review/[/url]

And a couple of headphone reviews:
[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A2C4AJB77WEL0/ref=pdp_new_read_full_review_link?ie=UTF8&page=1&sort_by=MostRecentReview#R2VZGX2IPXHKE8"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A2C4AJB77WEL0/ref=pdp_new_read_full_review_link?ie=UTF8&page=1&sort_by=MostRecentReview#R2VZGX2IPXHKE8[/url]