Why become a member? ×

SOLD Overwater Scott Devine Jazz *Nearly New*
£1400

alansanderson

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Hi guys, I recently bought this after not owning a 4 string for more than 5 years. I can honestly say this bass is perfect in every way, except that it is missing a string!!![/size][/font]
It's only around 6 months old, and it's nearly new. You can tell it's been played but there are no sounds on it. It feels and sounds great. It even smells new.[/size][/font]
Possible trades for a good 5 string Jazz, we are talking fender USA deluxe, overwater, sandberg etc etc. Or a decent amp and cab, something compact and powerful.[/size][/font]
Case included.[/size][/font]
Prefer cash...[/size][/font]
Cheers[/size][/font]
PICS - https://www.flickr.com/gp/133913642@N07/0a0238[/size][/font]
isn't it beautiful!?[/size][/font]

Hey,

It's the natural finish one with the black scratch plate and block inlays.

As much as I'd love to trade I can't man, my missus would de-ball me, I had to get her divine clearance to acquire the 5.

Surely this bass will be snapped up soon.

I wonder if OW will ever consider producing a 5 string version of this bass?

GLWS dude.

I've spoken to chris, he said it would be £2200 or there abouts for the 5 string of this, 34" scale.

He offered me a generous part ex on this against it.

Whilst I am sorely tempted I have seen something I rather fancy and would like to free up some cash.

My mrs doesn't even know I have this bass. And if yours is natural finish I doubt she would even notice the difference if she is anything like mine!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lovely bass. I happen to know that Scott's version of this is passive, although it still has a battery compartment. Scott doesn't like an Active bass but Chris insisted on doing it with the compartment in case Scott changes his mind.

What I'm getting to, slowly, is; is this active or passive?

Just curious.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1436740156' post='2820415']
Lovely bass. I happen to know that Scott's version of this is passive, although it still has a battery compartment. Scott doesn't like an Active bass but Chris insisted on doing it with the compartment in case Scott changes his mind.

What I'm getting to, slowly, is; is this active or passive?

Just curious.
[/quote]

Thank you for your question sir. This is indeed a very good question and one that is news to me. Chris is a very smart guy. There is indeed a battery compartment in the back of this bass, with a single 9V battery inside. Without this battery the bass doesn't work, so my conclusion in a rambling, round about sort of way, is that this is indeed an absolutely active bass =)

We're wasted on bass playing. I'm off to become an author

[quote name='alansanderson' timestamp='1436815831' post='2821109']
Thank you for your question sir. This is indeed a very good question and one that is news to me. Chris is a very smart guy. There is indeed a battery compartment in the back of this bass, with a single 9V battery inside. Without this battery the bass doesn't work, so my conclusion in a rambling, round about sort of way, is that this is indeed an absolutely active bass =)

We're wasted on bass playing. I'm off to become an author
[/quote]

The battery is for the John East buffered pre-amp isn't it? The EQ is passive but the pre-amp merely increases the output signal, so I understand. So it's kind of active/passive really...