Why become a member? ×

Tune bass Maniac. For free to a good home, Or to BC.
£300

bubinga5

As you might know, I've been looking after a BC'ers bass for 2 years. he has informed me that i can do with it what i want.

so i would either like to give it to someone who can't afford a good bass, i remember when i couldn't, so that is close to my heart. or if there are no takers. the bass will be sold outside of BassChat, and the money will go to Bass Chat. I've been on this forum since 2007 so maybe time to give something back apart from endless babbling and music posts. :D

either way its got to go, my wife is hen pecking me.

please be honest, if it is going to a good home. i was thinking maybe someones younger one might like it, if they wanted to start playing bass.

anyways. Its a Tune Maniac

Ebony FretBoard

PJ config

Brass nut

the neck is just superb, very ibanez 4 string. weigh's 9.7 pounds.

Tune Tuners.

Price is 0 obviously.

set up right with good strings this is a killer bass. has some knocks here and there, and needs a set up and new strings but apart from that it is in good condition... here is Marlowe playing one with a different preamp config and piccolo strings. the pickups sound great though. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImmE1nGclaU[/media]

and yes its pink

Edited by bubinga5

Lovely gesture & I hope someone deserving ends up with.

Not like a guy that pissed me off a bit the other day - I advertised on our local Streetlife some spare tomato plants, one bloke turns up in a new Range Rover that probably cost £80K+, WTF does he want 2 free tomato plants? It cost him more than that in petrol to get here! I wish I'd seen his car before I gave him the plants :angry:

Best wishes & great karma to you Andrew.

I'm currently involved in fundraising for Grassroots in Cardiff - this is a place that has been vital to the start of lots of young peoples musical journeys since the mid 1970s.
Pretty much everybody I know of my age did their first gigs here, and I recorded there with my old band in the late 80s.

It has been an invaluable community resource for decades but now, like so many other places, it's funding has been withdrawn & there are lots of gigs & other fundraising activities taking place at the moment to try to ensure that its facilities remain available to todays young, often disadvantaged musicians.

If you get no other offers to rehouse this bass then I would like to ask you to consider donating it to Grassroots, either as an instrument that they can use in their studio or as something that can be auctioned off to raise much needed funds.

Thanks.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1434219800' post='2797780']
I'm currently involved in fundraising for Grassroots in Cardiff - this is a place that has been vital to the start of lots of young peoples musical journeys since the mid 1970s.
Pretty much everybody I know of my age did their first gigs here, and I recorded there with my old band in the late 80s.

It has been an invaluable community resource for decades but now, like so many other places, it's funding has been withdrawn & there are lots of gigs & other fundraising activities taking place at the moment to try to ensure that its facilities remain available to todays young, often disadvantaged musicians.

If you get no other offers to rehouse this bass then I would like to ask you to consider donating it to Grassroots, either as an instrument that they can use in their studio or as something that can be auctioned off to raise much needed funds.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Here!!! You could be starting some young people's musical careers.

sorry for the delay in getting back to people, but i wanted to make sure it went to the right person.

seems like the bass may be going to Pluckedout who is a trustee of a charity that gets musicians playing. and they have no bass guitars bless em. i had a few interested people but I've got to go with the first person who asked, sorry. so bass is gone pending the usual.. :)

Edited by bubinga5

Very kind offer.

To be honest, my initial gut feeling is that I'd quite like the bass. However, I can easily afford a £300 bass if I simply decide that I want to spend that much on one. Hence, I won't claim it and hope it goes to someone who really has no way of getting such a good bass otherwise.