Why become a member? ×

Short Scale Bitsa Bass - Gibson Kalamazoo Neck+ Now ---- SOLD
£95

2x18

This is a Bitsa Bass that I assembled a few years ago!

It has a genuine 1960's Gibson " Kalamazoo USA " Neck with original tuners and brass nut, Solid wood body ( The original Gibson bodies were a type of Fibreboard! )

Genuine 1980's Pickup from an unmentionable "4003" Bass!

Individual bridges x4 and a home made pick guard!

Any trial welcome -- no case or gig bag so its pick up only from me in Leeds!

A bargain at first £85.00

Will.

[attachment=194255:IMG_1669.jpg][attachment=194256:IMG_1670.jpg][attachment=194258:IMG_1672.jpg][attachment=194259:IMG_1673.jpg][attachment=194260:IMG_1674.jpg][attachment=194257:IMG_1671.jpg][attachment=194261:IMG_1675.jpg]

Edited by 2x18

Fairly sure the Kalamazoo neck used to be mine, and if so was off my very first bass - a mid-'60's Kalamazoo KB-1 I bought in 1977! Ooooh I've gone all misty eyed......
Looks a really nicely put together little bass, and easily worth asking for the pickup alone. Will is a gent to deal with :)

Edited by Shaggy

How does it play sound? I suppose with the pup position, it would kinda sound like a fender cabronita? Got idea of the weight, how it plays?

Shame you're not willing to post, might be worth a punt for someone after something quirky and unique!

[quote name='Sharkfinger' timestamp='1434362857' post='2798850']
How does it play sound? I suppose with the pup position, it would kinda sound like a fender cabronita? Got idea of the weight, how it plays?

Shame you're not willing to post, might be worth a punt for someone after something quirky and unique!
[/quote]

Not sure what a cabronita sounds like but it is a bit like my mustang sound wise with a touch of Ric as you would expect!

Not willing to post but can possibly meet up locally or occasionally I go down near Lincoln!

Weight wise it is exactly 3.0 kg ( 6.6 lbs ) ---- really light in weight but not in sound!
Plays well ---- again the neck is very similar to my Mustangs!

Will.

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1436218526' post='2816195']
Is the sound/action good enough to gig?
[/quote]

Yes I would say so ---- and great as a lightweight backup!
You are welcome to come and try it out to see if it suits you!

Will.

Edited by 2x18

Will, I'm down in Somerset, so a try-out would be a bit tricky! Do you ever get down this way? If not I'll maybe buy on spec and get my (non-musician) mate from Rochdale to collect. Trouble is I'm a sucker for quirky short-scale basses. Anyway, I could always use it as the basis for a project of my own assuming it is structurally sound/straight. Does the truss rod still work?

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1436257577' post='2816393']
Will, I'm down in Somerset, so a try-out would be a bit tricky! Do you ever get down this way? If not I'll maybe buy on spec and get my (non-musician) mate from Rochdale to collect. Trouble is I'm a sucker for quirky short-scale basses. Anyway, I could always use it as the basis for a project of my own assuming it is structurally sound/straight. Does the truss rod still work?
[/quote]

Sorry don't get around much these days.
Neck is straight and true with just a small amount of relief and the truss rod worked fine last time I set it up!

Will.