Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Elrick E-volution Gold 4 String *Read the Bass Player Mag review and save £s*
£1600

petergales

[b]Price drop now [s]£1500[/s] £1,400[/b]

Need to move on a couple of basses so some will have to go.

First up is my Elrick E-volution Gold 4 string. There is plenty of information about these basses on the Elrick and the Bass Direct websites but the main gist is as follows.

1. [b]Gold series, e-volution bolt on [/b]
2. •Lightweight swamp ash body - hand rubbed oil finish
3. •Flamed/Burl Redwood top
4. •Maple neck
5. •2-way adjustable truss rod
6. •Width at nut: 40mm
7. •Wenge fingerboard, radius: 16"
8. •24 frets + zero fret
9. •Medium Fretwire
10. •34" scale
11. •19mm string spacing at bridge
12. •Bartolini J coils
13. •Bartolini NTMBF 3 band eq, 9v
14. •Switching for active/passive and three way mid frequency switch: 250/500/800Hz
15. •Black Hipshot Ultralight tuners and Elrick bridge
16. •Dunlop Straploks
17. •Elixir strings
18. •Elrick lightweight case
19. •Weight: 7lbs (by my bathroom scales!)

This is a beautiful bass and plays like a dream with its really low action. It is in excellent condition as I have never gigged it. I use it for playing melodies and chordal stuff at home and for that it is absolutely brilliant. It comes with the Elrick lightweight case and Dunlop straplocks.
It's a very light bass - even if I don't trust my bathroom scales!

I prefer collection from Leeds or meet up within reasonable distance for fuel costs.

Edited by petergales

[quote name='petergales' timestamp='1435145029' post='2805881']
£100 off the asking price. Now only £1500. Great bass at a great price!
[/quote] It looks stunning! I've been tempted by Elricks ever since I saw a video of Bakithi Kumalo just killing on this strange bass I didn't recognise - have a bump on me!

Thanks, LukeFRC.
It really is a top class instrument and so easy to play with its low action and deep lower horn cut away. The Bartolini pickups and EQ are very versatile with an output trim pot inside the control cavity to increase the active boost. I have it set low as I only need a very subtle effect from the 3 band EQ.
Altogether a very 'musical' bass guitar. I'm selling it as I am looking to finance a Fodera but, whenever I pick it up and play it, I wonder what extra Fodera might give me?

.... less in the bank maybe?

I've always been impressed with the look of the build quality on these. Considering how good it is unless you've just 'got to have' a Fodera doesn't seem much point, your bass is already excellent.

.... at least try one out before you do sell this lol!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1435613023' post='2810716']
a butterfly on your headstock? :)
[/quote]

Hmmm! Would a sticky from Poundworld do the job?
I think you've got a point there, LukeFRC. Am I being beguiled by all the hype that surrounds them?

I watched "Glastonbury Greats" on TV and saw the clip you mentioned of Bakithi Kumalo playing one with Paul Simon on "Call me Al". Shame the bass was so far down in the mix that it was difficult to appreciate that fill he does towards the end :(

Edited by petergales

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1435619159' post='2810796']
.... less in the bank maybe?

I've always been impressed with the look of the build quality on these. Considering how good it is unless you've just 'got to have' a Fodera doesn't seem much point, your bass is already excellent.

.... at least try one out before you do sell this lol!
[/quote]

Thanks, jimbobothy, I think you may well have brought me to my senses! This GAS thing is a terrible affliction. Maybe a Fodera doesn't represent that much added value that is worth the extra expense.

[quote name='giblett123' timestamp='1435659604' post='2811006']
Used to be mine, it is a stunning bass, great sounds, light as a feather and beautifully finished, well worth a punt.
[/quote]

Hi Chris

Hope you are well.

It is indeed still just as you've described it - a beautiful instrument.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Read the review of the expat version of this bass in this link from a recent Bass Player magazine and buy the USA model for £300 less!

http://www.bassplayer.com/gear/1164/elrick-expat-e-volution-4---5--string-review/56031

• 2 weeks later...