Why become a member? ×

SOLD..... Fender Urge II (USA) Stu Hamm Signature, red incl. G&G Fender Hardcase
£1200

FunkyFresh

Hey guys,

I might let go my beautiful and immaculate Fender Urge II. It was made in Corona, California. Here are some technical specs:

Asymmetrical neck (as somehow featured on ACG basses as well)
One piece maple neck
34" scale
24 frets
Rosewood fingerboard
Select Alder body (red light sparkle finish)
2x Fender Custom Noiseless J-Pickups
1x Fender Custom P-Pickup
Fender 3-Band EQ (Bass, Treble, Mid-Pots), also Mastervolume, 3-way switch and Balance to switch between all 7 pickup positions
Fender HiMass bridge (string through body ! )
Slim body shape and easy accessible 24 frets

Weight: less than 4kg, really nice and light
Nut width: 40mm (neck is pretty slim and action is very low possible)

If you want to know the sound, listen to Stu Hamm on Satriani Live in San Francisco for example. The bass also features a hand written signature of Stu (see pictures). Condition is great, only very little signs of use. Also features a beautiful Fender leather strap. [size=4]Two machine heads are not stock anymore and have been changed to modern type. Please see the photo below. [/size]

Price negotiable. Trades might be welcome.

I professionally made the serial number unreadable. I will share it of course via PN (with unretouched photo). But I had my pictures copied once for a false advert and want to avoid this. :)

Sound sample from the man himself (don't know how put in the video here itself):

[url="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zvqn_stu-hamm-bass-solo-live-in-san-fran_music"]http://www.dailymoti...-san-fran_music[/url]

Edited by FunkyFresh

Hey there, serial number starts with "SZ2" denoting to 2002, although very good condition. No Drop Tuner included (has been only from 2008-2010, when the model was discontinued). But of course easy to put one on it :) The bass weighs only about 3,7kg by the way.

I know - Stu signed this bass for me at the clinic in Ljubjana (have the picture him signing it) - i was the original (the first) owner of this instrument.

[color=#ff0000]2 Tuning Machines are not original[/color] - it's quite obvious tho since they arent's the same. (i ordered the originals (ultra deluxe lightweight)
back the day and they were discontinued - so i got the "new" ones)

I thought this should be worth mentioning already in the first post ?

Edited by johnny1982

I was told that this is how it was beforehand?! Because only the heads of the machines are bit smaller. I was not aware or told that it is not stock.... Thanks for mentioning that.

Although I find it bad manners do inform me like this. You cannot just assume that I know about that thing and want to cheat others. A PM would have done the trick. In comparison to you, I am not a newbie here, I have positive feedback. So don't try to stale me on this!

Thanks for the info, that the tuning heads were changed. But check your style ;-)

Resolved the matter:

[attachment=195850:20150707103419.jpg]

The tuners of the D and G string are the modern type. They black caps on the back look the same, but the tuners head doesn't exactly. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Nothing serious though.

New price for now: 1000GBP incl case and shipping.