Why become a member? ×

Whoops - Ltd Ed B7K content

sk8

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1434571681' post='2800942']
So tempting to replace my B3K with one, but two B7K would be too much, surely?!! Help!!

[/quote]

Double the fun. One for core sound, one for all out dirt :lol:

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1434752751' post='2802650']
youd be better off with 17 big muffs in a row =P
[/quote]

At last count, that bloke from Muse had 88 muffs, going into 88 different heads.

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1434752751' post='2802650']
youd be better off with 17 big muffs in a row...
[/quote]

It's a lovely thought - but hardly likely in my lifetime, I feel. :mellow:

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1434826124' post='2803154']
...that bloke from Muse had 88 muffs...
[/quote]

That's just being greedy.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='bjelkeman' timestamp='1435648572' post='2810866']
The way the different controls interact with each other is quite powerful. I recommend you take your time.
[/quote]

Yeah. I came to that conclusion. My issue is will it be enough to unseat my BDDI and ABS

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1435672988' post='2811248']
A good starting point is attack set to boost, grunt set to fat, slight bass/lo-mid boost and slight hi-mid/treble rolloff, gain 11 o'clock, blend 1 o'clock. I pretty much leave mine there!
[/quote]

Cheers dude will check that out

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1435647442' post='2810858']
haha! Mine arrived yesterday. Had 30 miniutes or so and at the moment I'm at dispointment but think I need to spend more time playing with it.
[/quote]

What do you intend on using yours for? Clean, grit or full on drive? As said, the settings interact a lot, particularly now a attack cut has been introduced.

Mine arrived today, so I now have two B7Ks. I run one clean with a tiny bit of grit, with the new one replacing my B3K as the full on drive sound going into it. I have the attack set to cut and grunt to fat on both of mine. The attack boost is only really useful for a heavy metallic tone, use in moderation!

Take time with it, bud. It's bloody superb once you get to know it.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1435692966' post='2811585']

What do you intend on using yours for? Clean, grit or full on drive? As said, the settings interact a lot, particularly now a attack cut has been introduced.

Mine arrived today, so I now have two B7Ks. I run one clean with a tiny bit of grit, with the new one replacing my B3K as the full on drive sound going into it. I have the attack set to cut and grunt to fat on both of mine. The attack boost is only really useful for a heavy metallic tone, use in moderation!

[/quote]

Not sure on application. I'm not hearing dirt I like so probably not that. Touch of grit maybe, clean unlikely.
I like the tone of my AB200b as is so not sure if I'll be using it as my part of my core sound. It's a bit of an anomaly in my set up at the moment. I don't DI often so don't necessarily need it for that. The DI seems hot though through my little mixing desk at home.

It I was all about the metal I could see this being awesome but it doesn't appear to replace my BDDI or ABS.

It's a quality product that sounds okay but I'm struggling to see where it will fit in my sound.

Did more tweaking yesterday and got a pleasant sound out. Think I will have to take it to practice. Was young yo use the BDDI into the rehearsal room amp bit think I will give this a go and see what sounds I get out.

I've not given up yet just struggling go see where I will use it with a valve amped I don't use it for dirt.

Thanks for all the help peeps :)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1435692966' post='2811585']

[/quote]

Okay. I think I gets this pedal now. I thought it was a distortion with an Eq. It's SOOOOOOOOOOO much more than that. And looks cool to boot :lol:

It's a great preamp. It interacts well with my other sounds and actually enhances them. Using it in anger at rehearsal tomorrow.

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1435952927' post='2814009']
Okay. I think I gets this pedal now. I thought it was a distortion with an Eq. It's SOOOOOOOOOOO much more than that. And looks cool to boot :lol:

It's a great preamp. It interacts well with my other sounds and actually enhances them. Using it in anger at rehearsal tomorrow.
[/quote]

;)

Do any of you guys use it to drive a poweramp ? I only see a vol knob & no 'master' ? And have read that the vol only affects the dirt signal ... If cranked then turned off is there a big volume drop ?