Why become a member? ×

Foo fighters replacement

ubit

Heard that due to Dave having to cancel gigs, that Glastonbury has decided to put Florence and the machine on in their place. Maybe it's because I'm predominantly a rock fan, but I just think this is ridiculous! Sorry to any Florence fans but I don't think she is fit to lace up Dave Grohls broken legged boots! I would, if I was going to Glastonbury this year, be trying hard to avoid both Florence and Kanye!
Just my tuppence worth!

Edited by ubit

All relative and down to personal taste, etc. etc. but as far as I'm concerned Florence is no singer. My opinion, of course.

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1434629643' post='2801323']
If I was at Glastonbury I'd DEFINITELY be going to see Kayne.
[/quote]

Kayne? Who's that, then? :biggrin:

safe TV bet rather than considering those who have bought tickets to see particular style of music - The Darkness are primed ready to go new album etc ?? would have been a better fit

could have been worse i guess

https://youtu.be/2Z4m4lnjxkY?list=PLYDp0FEwActHo0eLYacIzeM9WosT4tda5

I AM Going! Yes very disappointed at the Foo Fighters pulling out. Was planning to see Florance but quite agree she is not up to headliner status. There is still a gap in the schedule where Florance was so hopefully something half decent will fill its place. Also not impressed with the sh*te headlining the Pyramid Saturday night but there is a good evening in the Acoustic tent and the John Peel stage so I'm sorted, Texas, Andy Fairweather Low with Paul Carrick and Nick Lowe, Moody blues then off to see Suede. Thank heavens for The Who starring Pino on Sunday......oh and Lionel of course!!!

I'm disappointed myself as we had tickets for the Murrayfield gig, had booked accommodation , taken holidays etc. but at least I don't have to put up with a poor substitute. ;)

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1434629643' post='2801323']
If I was at Glastonbury I'd DEFINITELY be going to see Kanye. He's the biggest rockstar on the planet.
[/quote]

He certainly is if you listen to what he tells us!

Weller/The Who will be class. I'd see Kanye as well...nice break from usual rock/indie. Florence? Nope. Never warmed to her and her band. Obviously very good but I just don't like the music and I think it's her voice that I don't like. I've now got a ticket to London with no gig due to leg break gate, but Blur tickets are on the cards.

I will gladly fill the vacant position with my band....... We'd be as loud at least. No calls yet though for some reason.

As for Kanye I really appreciate him using his status to give upcoming artists like Paul Macca a break (I kid you not, this was a comment on FB after the recent pairing).

As for Florence, I quite like her but would agree if you are expecting the Foos it would be a little different...... They may still call me.

Edited by HazBeen

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1434631609' post='2801350']
I'm disappointed myself as we had tickets for the Murrayfield gig, had booked accommodation , taken holidays etc. but at least I don't have to put up with a poor substitute. ;)
[/quote]

Me too....I was looking forward to seeing Royal Blood also :(
Flights and accommodation already paid for so a Monday to Friday Edinburgh trip with my four sons is the order of the day :i-m_so_happy:

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1434633974' post='2801384']
I will gladly fill the vacant position with my band....... We'd be as loud at least. No calls yet though for some reason.

As for Kanye I really appreciate him using his status to give upcoming artists like Paul Macca a break (I kid you not, this was a comment on FB after the recent pairing).

As for Florence, I quite like her but would agree if you are expecting the Foos it would be a little different...... They may still call me.
[/quote]i doubt you'll get the call, you're a has-been.

You could replace them with any old bollocks really!

However, the best way would be to get a band who have a song that rocks a little bit or is soft in the verse. Then a chorus that rocks a little bit more. Repeat, then do the last chorus but with shouting. You could even maybe go really quiet for a little bit before the shouting.

Then repeat this formula in every song choosing which type of verse you want and whether to have a quiet bit before the shouting.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1434656788' post='2801640']
[url="http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/glastonbury-2015-lineup-acdc-will-happily-play-if-michael-eavis-asks-9898423.html"]http://www.independe...ks-9898423.html[/url] They'd go down well.
[/quote]

Much as I'd love to see AC/DC play the festival I doubt they'd ever do it.

Firstly Glastonbury pays absolute buttons, even to the headliners (its more about raising money for various environmental charities) & AC/DC aren't known for playing for free.

Secondly AC/DC like to have 100% control of their staging, who films their performance, who makes the sound recording. A couple of years ago they made the Download organisers jump through a million hoops, set up their own super-secure AC/DC personnel only compound on the site & banned the broadcast of their performance. No single artist would ever get away with that at Glastonbury, its just too big for the organisers to give that much attention & room to one band.

Edited by Cato