Why become a member? ×

Foo fighters replacement

ubit

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1434629643' post='2801323']
If I was at Glastonbury I'd DEFINITELY be going to see Kanye. He's the biggest rockstar on the planet.
[/quote]

...or so he told us :-)

I should have been going to Wem-ber-ley tomorrow to see those pesky Foos, so I'm a bit cheesed that the Grohl is broken. Was also looking forward to Royal Blood, since I am mostly a Brighton lad (and they're awesome!)

I don't mind a dash of Florence but she can be a bit screechy. But then Dave Grohl can be a bit shouty.

Is she a good replacement for the Foos? Depends on whether you like screechy [i]and[/i] shouty I guess...

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1434656382' post='2801635']
You could replace them with any old bollocks really!

However, the best way would be to get a band who have a song that rocks a little bit or is soft in the verse. Then a chorus that rocks a little bit more. Repeat, then do the last chorus but with shouting. You could even maybe go really quiet for a little bit before the shouting.

Then repeat this formula in every song choosing which type of verse you want and whether to have a quiet bit before the shouting.
[/quote]

Better get Metallica back for another go then - they do all that very well.

[quote name='redbandit599' timestamp='1434669447' post='2801782']
Having just come back from Download where I saw Kiss, I think they'd be a great replacement for the Foos - on the condition that Kanye West has to share a tent with Gene Simmons. I imagine that'd be fun...
[/quote]

I don't think there is a tent made which could accommodate 2 egos of that size : maybe if you get a TARDIS version of a marquee.

[quote name='The Admiral' timestamp='1434860634' post='2803342']
I don't think there is a tent made which could accommodate 2 egos of that size : maybe if you get a TARDIS version of a marquee.
[/quote]

Imagine the problems once Gene Simmons announces that if Gene wants to, Kim Kardashian is going home with him, not Kanye.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1434864939' post='2803348']

Imagine the problems once Gene Simmons announces that if Gene wants to, Kim Kardashian is going home with him, not Kanye.
[/quote]

Their two heads and her bum - there definitely isn't a tent big enough for that challenge.

Although some might say that's 3 huge arses in the same room!

Edited by The Admiral

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1434988840' post='2804458']
After leaving the magic roundabout and going her own way she's done alright for herself. You never even hear of any of the others...
[/quote]

Most of them are doing time for various drug related crimes.