Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Pod Studio UX2 Studio, Focusrite scarlet etc. Confussed!

SH73

I started experimenting with recording. So far I got as far as recording bass and guitar on Audacity via laptop mic in front of amp. Reminds me garage recording when In was 17 on a double cassette stereo tape player/ recorder with slightly better quality.
Obviously this comes with lots of unwanted sounds as the work is done in the living room.

I read lot of good info about Focusrite scarler currently comes with free mic and headphones retails around £149.
I went to my local store and I was recommended the line 6 pod studio ux2, comes with lots of extra such a s pre amps, stomp boxes.

I am after something I can play music through and play to it for example You tube recording or simple composing.

Any advice from those who record would be appreciated.

both will do exactly the same job.

the main difference between them is that the line 6 will come with a copy of pod farm software, which will give you various amp simulations that you can use, which can be quite handy.

judging by what you are looking to do, i would go with the focusrite. the microphone may be rubbish, but it may turn out to be half decent and will give you a touch more flexibility if you are looking to record guitar as well as bass. you can download amp sims seperately, some of them free which will do the job.

i think you would get more for your cash doing that.

I've got the toneport ux1 . It has podfarm as mentioned. It is very easy to join it with GarageBand , logic etc. the problems I find is that , it's too focused on guitars,and not enough bass models . The bass expansion pack is way too expensive IMHO. Also , not many people on basschat mention podfarm at all. Even line 6 don't seem to mention podfarm much these days .

line 6 do make decent interfaces, altho podfarm is not as popular as it used to be, i had all the add on packs for podfarm 1, then podfarm 2 came out and none of them were compatible so i didn't bother with it after.

i often found the bass models were poor anyway, my bass tone was a guitar amp tweaked in the end.