Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£200

Bargain! Cost just under £400 new.
Works a treat and it is in great condition. Only blemish is the putty tin being a bit bashed and obviously the putty having been accessed to use, but there is still enough putty there for a decade of use! I don't have the original box or manual but that can be downloaded on the net and if you want I will print a copy of it. I can also send you a photo of the sweet spot of the Ehrlund on my bass. In that spot, I had no feedback and, wait for it... It sounded like the holy grail: MY BASS ONLY LOUDER!!
So why selling?
I have a Schertler system, which is the same idea only with a more expensive preamp, so I don't need two contact mics, and like everyone, I'm needing the dough.
Any question please ask.
Cheers
NEW PRICE £180 - WON'T GO LOWER

Edited by Rabbie

To be fair sound wise they are both excellent. The Schertler's preamp however has more sound management options, whilst the Ehrlund preamp only has volume and phase reverse. The price of the Schertler obviously reflects that. Still, I played an outdoors festival last month with just Ehrlund into front of house, no amp. No feedback and perfect sound.
There is an excellent thread at Talkbass in which lots and lots of people tell all about why the love the Ehrlund. I think it's called something like "An Ehrlund blog sort of".

Excellent, that's what I play. BUT it's not a psychobilly volume option. The slap sounds organic, not harsh line with a "clicky". Playing in a trio with guitar and drums, no problem at all and great sound. The phase inversion switch on the preamp is great for feedback. I have used it straight through PA (only do that if you trust the sound engineer) or through my Acoustic Image amp (excellent). Again, I'm only selling because I have a Schertler system which has a more comprehensive preamp.