Why become a member? ×

Smooth Hound Innovations Digital Wireless Guitar System

Dood

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1438095329' post='2831589']
mine has been great at practices, going to be using it at Y not festival this friday and will properly put it through its paces
[/quote]

Cool Ant, let me know how you get on..

I've gigged mine loads already - the battery life is pretty impressive as is the range and I have had no issues with sound quality. The only tiny issue I had was some unexpected noise when turning on the transmitter before plugging it in but that's me being an idiot more than anything.

steve

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1438097993' post='2831622']
Used mine extensively at rehearsals over the last two weeks. The 'signal' LEDs on the receiver are now just starting to subside - think I'll deliberately run it 'dry' to see what happens.
[/quote]

Those are the ones that indicate battery level yes? If so, mine dropped one 'bar' after about 4 hours use.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1438067357' post='2831241']
Totally unexpectedly a polarity reversing adaptor arrived in the post!

Brilliant, thank you SmoothHound!
[/quote]
No problem Dood!

We'd had a few people bemoaning the centre positive supply and it felt a bit mean to ask people to source a polarity reverser for themselves so I placed a bulk order and we're now sending one out with every unit.

It was only fair that we sent them to everyone who'd already bought a Classic!!

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1438097677' post='2831619']
I've gigged mine loads already - the battery life is pretty impressive as is the range and I have had no issues with sound quality. The only tiny issue I had was some unexpected noise when turning on the transmitter before plugging it in but that's me being an idiot more than anything.

steve
[/quote]

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the feedback. You can get some noise if you hold the transmitter while it's turned on and not plugged in. It's you acting like an antenna, picking up the transmitted radio signal and transferring it to the audio input. It's normal.

As you've noted the best way to use the Classic is to plug it in then turn it on. You then avoid the radio frequency pick-up and also any of the usual plug in cracks and pops too.
Chris

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1438237876' post='2832702']
One thing though - if the receiver is designed to sit on a pedal board, why is the display on the front and not the top?
[/quote]

I don't think the receiver was specifically designed to sit on the pedal board, although its size means that it can do, clearly. I sit mine on top of my amp. During a gig I think the only lights I'd be interested in would be the battery level, but even then, I'd check that beforehand anyway.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1438242913' post='2832738']
Agreed - and in truth the receiver box is not made to the same ruggedness that you'd expect from something you stamp on. If you put this on your pedal board, then it's only a matter of time before you tread on it. :lol:
[/quote]

You mean like this? [url="https://www.dropbox.com/s/78aihaxj5lhkxlj/DSC_0009_web.JPG?dl=0"]Standing on the receiver![/url]
The receiver is tougher than it looks/feels. It's made from extruded aluminium so is very lightweight but that photo really is of me standing on it.
The antennas are pretty tough too but I can't guarantee that they're stamp proof ... not that you need to stamp on them ... ;)

One thing though - if the receiver is designed to sit on a pedal board, why is the display on the front and not the top?
[/quote]

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1438239016' post='2832711']
I don't think the receiver was specifically designed to sit on the pedal board, although its size means that it can do, clearly. I sit mine on top of my amp. During a gig I think the only lights I'd be interested in would be the battery level, but even then, I'd check that beforehand anyway.
[/quote]

Muppet's right, the receiver wasn't specifically designed to go on a pedal board but is small enough to fit pretty easily. The viewing angle on the LEDs is very wide so, as long as your pedal board is in front of you, you'll get a pretty clear view of signal strength, battery charge etc.

If you're standing on the receiver, however, it is quite hard to see the lights ...

[quote name='Iain' timestamp='1438206423' post='2832611']
Just went to order one and there's no option to order direct anymore? Price seems to have gone up too...
[/quote]
[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1438207005' post='2832618']
maybe Chris ran out of stock as we bought them all?
[/quote]
I hope not for long as I'm pretty certain that I will be buying one in the next fortnight.
[/quote]

The Classic is now available to buy direct at the usual price of £149 + P&P.

[quote name='SmoothHoundChris' timestamp='1438284976' post='2833310']
You mean like this? [url="https://www.dropbox.com/s/78aihaxj5lhkxlj/DSC_0009_web.JPG?dl=0"]Standing on the receiver![/url]
The receiver is tougher than it looks/feels. It's made from extruded aluminium so is very lightweight but that photo really is of me standing on it.
The antennas are pretty tough too but I can't guarantee that they're stamp proof ... not that you need to stamp on them ... ;)
[/quote]

LOL - point taken.

[quote name='SmoothHoundChris' timestamp='1438330650' post='2833547']
The Classic is now available to buy direct at the usual price of £149 + P&P.
[/quote]

Chris - can I specify an delivery date on the site? Away until Friday next week and would like to put an order in before I go.