Why become a member? ×

Smooth Hound Innovations Digital Wireless Guitar System

Dood

Very happy with my SmoothHound unit. I've done probably 25 gigs with it now in all sorts of venues and it's absolutely great. Not had a single "issue" at all (touch wood) and I feel more confident in using it than any other wireless I've owned.

Well, what to say. Chris promised me some replacement Microsuction tape and it was there for me at home today. That is truly great service, thank you. This company deserves to grow.

I managed 5 minutes with the unit tonight, and it did not disappoint. Full play at the weekend but so far all very impressive. Big thumbs up for both Chris and the kit.

[quote name='gelfin' timestamp='1446739698' post='2901935']
Plenty of advice and help from Chris. Even replied to emails at 10pm. :i-m_so_happy:
[/quote]
No problem, gelfin, it's a pleasure.

Thanks to Bobthedog and mrtcat for your kind words (I'll quote you on that if it's OK!).

Big thanks to Dood for putting me in touch with Guitar Interactive magazine who just published my [url="http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk//launch.aspx?pbid=09bbc891-57ce-46e2-828d-3bc5adf0c587&pnum=118"]first review[/url]. Sorry, they never tried it with bass but you guys know it works with bass already!

[quote name='SmoothHoundChris' timestamp='1446759578' post='2902211']

Big thanks to Dood for putting me in touch with Guitar Interactive magazine who just published my [url="http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk//launch.aspx?pbid=09bbc891-57ce-46e2-828d-3bc5adf0c587&pnum=118"]first review[/url]. Sorry, they never tried it with bass but you guys know it works with bass already!
[/quote]

Fantastic! So good to see in print too! The magazine reaches all around the world and the subscription figures are massive alone. It's no problem, I really liked (still do) the product and put it forward as a suggestion for review.

Oh and of course, it scored very highly in the review too! Congrats!

Dan

I think I've got some magic rechargeable batteries in mine right now - current pair have managed ~10 hours of practise since putting them in freshly charged and still showing 2 bars left. No paranoia of running out mid-gig if they go in fully charged!

Tried out for real on Sunday. Main concern was that there are six radio mics and ond other Sennheiser wireless guitar.

Instant lock and no interference problems. No dangly bits of cable to strap or pocket. I am well happy with it. Outperforms the Sennheiser my
old Audio Technica and others.

Cheers Dood for bringing this to BC.

• 1 month later...

Possibly a daft question and I'm doing something wrong - I'm curious how well everyone is finding the transmitter sticks to the guitar (or more likely bass)?

I think it's a great unit - sounds perfect, batteries last ages - it works a treat and I'm very impressed, but mine doesn't seem to stay in place. I've tried it on several guitars (PRS, strat, les paul). Chris very kindly sent me a couple of more sticky pads but which was very generous and impressive customer care, but no difference. Is there a trick to making them more sticky that anyone has found?

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='SmoothHoundChris' timestamp='1454006278' post='2965370']
I can send you a few pieces of tape. We're out of stock right now but should have some more arriving in the next few days. I'll let you know when it gets here.
[/quote]

Well, that would be damn civil of you!

Hi Pete, I knew it rang bells, I had a chap in the states asking about compatibility with a Panda Midi box in November for use with his digital accordian. I advised that it should be fine (though Panda don't publish anything about their wireless protocol), he bought a set and I haven't heard back from him. We've got a customer in the UK who reported good behaviour in close proximity to a Fishman Triple Play which is likely to be similar.

Devices like a midi box and the Triple Play are relatively low data rate so are very unlikely to cause significant problems to the Classic wireless protocol. The same applies to most bluetooth controllers.

Having had a go with mine, the guitarist in our band has just bought one too. No problems at all with two users in a confined space.

May need to get a second transmitter unit at some point I think.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1454807234' post='2973216']
Tried mine first time live today. What a difference it makes. absolutely faultless and no cables to trip over, love it. Plus the battery level didn't seem to go down on my rechargables for the whole gig.
[/quote]

Which ones are you using as I really need to sort out this aspect as I'm chucking the occasional pair of Duracells into mine?