Why become a member? ×

MusicMan SUB 5 (USA) 5 string ***Price Drop £400***
£450

AlexValerio

Hi Guys!

So I'm selling my Musicman SUB 5 (USA) bass for ( price drop to £400.)

All original features still included, pick guard & pickup - Music Man Humbucking

The SUB 5 were quality made basses with an accessible price, [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]made alongside Stingrays in the USA Ernie Ball factory in San Louis Obispo they offered the same kind of quality and tone as the Stingray series. Apparently [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EB stopped making them as they were affecting Stingray sales..[/font][/color]I fell in love with mine as soon as I played it in the shop.

It still sounds and looks great, but is not in perfect condition - it has picked up a small chip at the back of the body (not visible when playing) as well as having a slightly loose machine head which will need to be replaced in time (you can pick one up for £10-15)

Check out this link for full specs - [url="http://www.music-man.com/specs/instruments_sub.html"]http://www.music-man...uments_sub.html[/url]

I'm based in London so if you live in the Greater London area I can drive down and deliver it myself - It comes with a Kit Bag and I'm also selling a Line 6 Lowdown LD175 amp which I can include for £100 if you are interested.

Any questions, give me a shout guys :)

[attachment=194822:DSC_0141.JPG]
[attachment=194823:DSC_0153.JPG]
[attachment=194824:DSC_0154.JPG]
[attachment=194825:DSC_0149.JPG]
[attachment=194826:DSC_0150.JPG]

Edited by AlexValerio

[quote name='AlexValerio' timestamp='1434970523' post='2804204']
Hi Guys!

So I'm selling my Musicman SUB 5 (USA) bass for £450.

All original features still included, pick guard & pickup - Music Man Humbucking

The SUB 5 were quality made basses with an accessible price, I fell in love with it as soon as I played it in the shop.

It still sounds and looks great, but is not in perfect condition - it has picked up a small chip at the back of the body (not visible when playing) as well as having a slightly loose machine head which will need to be replaced in time (you can pick one up for £10-15)

Check out this link for full specs - [url="http://www.music-man.com/specs/instruments_sub.html"]http://www.music-man...uments_sub.html[/url]

I'm based in London so if you live in the Greater London area I can drive down and deliver it for free - It comes with a Kit Bag and I'm also selling a Line 6 Lowdown LD175 amp which I can include for £100 if you are interested.

Any questions, give me a shout guys :)

[attachment=194822:DSC_0141.JPG]
[attachment=194823:DSC_0153.JPG]
[attachment=194824:DSC_0154.JPG]
[attachment=194825:DSC_0149.JPG]
[attachment=194826:DSC_0150.JPG]
[/quote]

Actually, I am quite interested -- and, serendipitously, also in London. I will get back to you v / soon!

[quote name='Black Coffee' timestamp='1435010281' post='2804742']
Best sounding musicman bass i ever owned was a blue one of these.

Knocked spots off the 25th anniv HSS five string i had.

Im tempted to reacquire one.
[/quote]

Never played the 25th anniv HSS five string..im curious now!.....PM me if you are interested buddy.

Edited by AlexValerio

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1435046980' post='2804838']
10.5lbs? Damn! I'm looking for something lighter than my 10.5lb Yamaha!
[/quote]

Aww chucks! I'll measure it tonight to give you an exact measurement but it won't be much lighter im afraid.

[quote name='AlexValerio' timestamp='1435075987' post='2805212']
Aww chucks! I'll measure it tonight to give you an exact measurement but it won't be much lighter im afraid.
[/quote]

Just weighed it dude, its 10.2, probably doesn't help you out much!.

Edited by AlexValerio

I've actually tried this bass today. It's absolutely brilliant. If I didn't need something entirely different from a stingray, it would be mine by now. Take it already!

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1435957677' post='2814060']
Im tempted,but ive had a sr5 a few times and never got on with them,i really want to though lol
[/quote]

Haha well mate..in this life we should all do what we want as often as possible..take the risk, it'll be worth it, its a quality bass..I'm moving out of the country so time is a factor for me..hence im willing to negotiate.