Why become a member? ×

Huw's solo bass vids

Huw Foster

Hey guys,

Hope it's OK to post my solo bass arrangements here. Here's the most recent one:

[b]Marvin Gaye - 'What's Going On'[/b]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUK5dwMfN6I[/media]

For anyone interested in the tech specs, here they are:
- Japanese non-export 62RI Jazz (bought from a basschatter called Josh a few years ago)
- Line 6 M9 for reverb and delay (I usually add reverb afterwards, but I wanted to switch on the delay for the bridge so I used a moderate amount of both on the way in)
- DI'd through Darkglass B7K (switched off though)
- a bit of compression and cut below 80Hz in Logic
- Canon EOS550

The playlist is [url="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5A4D894AF907A009"]here[/url].

I don't profess to be a technical wizard. There's the occasional blemish. However, I hope you agree they're all played with soul.

I'm really keen to do them more often, which is why I want to have a thread going. I've got some more collaborations in the works too. Watch this space!

Thanks,

Huw

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1435081625' post='2805299']
Hi Huw. Nicely played! I enjoyed that :)

Performance videos are usually posted in the 'Share Your Music' sub-forum of the Recording section. But no bother.., I'll move the thread next chance I get.

Cheers,

Paul
[/quote]
Cheers Paul!

I cannot stand solo bass stuff. Endless self indulgent dross. Really, bass is to be played with people. The ensemble thing is what it is all about in my not so humble opinion.

So why am I digging this? I'm not sure, but I am :)

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1435097280' post='2805537']
I cannot stand solo bass stuff. Endless self indulgent dross. Really, bass is to be played with people. The ensemble thing is what it is all about in my not so humble opinion.

[/quote]
Haha, I think I agree with you on most solo bass arrangements (glad you like mine though!). Tbh I'm not sure why I started doing them...

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1435097280' post='2805537']

[/quote]

+1, I was turned by the end lol!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I cannot stand solo bass stuff. Endless self indulgent dross. Really, bass is to be played with people. The ensemble thing is what it is all about in my not so humble opinion.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So why am I digging this? I'm not sure, but I am [/font][/color] :)[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Have I mentioned this before?[/font][/color]