Why become a member? ×

Hello folks from Scotland!

NellyOnBass

Hello everyone just a wee post to say hi, my name's Nelly and I've been playing bass for about 16years. Never been part of a bass forum but always been a browser hehe, anyway I've played in a few bands since I started and jumped straight in at the deep end playing live when I was a beginner however I don't regret it now as the current band I play in gigs a lot and this is my 11th year with them. I have quite a nice collection of basses just now and I'm really happy with my set up. Recently playing live I've been using either my Sandberg MarloweDK Signature model or my 1968 Rickenbacker 4005 mint condition Jetglo (however I have only gigged this once as it cost me an arm and a leg so I'm paranoid it gets any nasty damage, great bass for recording though which I use it a lot for) which I play through a Peavey TKO-115 combo, I used to gig with an Ashdown ABM 8x10 cab with the EVO II 500 chrome head, however it was far too big and heavy and trying to find room for it in the house proved difficult too with 2 kids so that had to go too.but I'm happy with the trusty Peavey as it's done me proud for the last few years and personally I feel it has the tone I found with the Ashdown (deep, punchy) plus if your D.I'd and have a good monitor in front of you it's perfect for even venue's such as Glasgow's ABC/Carling Academy and Edinburgh's Corn Exchange. I've never really been big on using pedals live (obviously other than a Boss chromatic tuner) I have owned a Boss overdrive and an Electroharmonix Big Muff but I got rid of them as they hardly got used. Well that's a little bit about me and I hope to get to know a few people from here. I've tried to attach a pic of my collection however I'm not the best with computers so I apologise if it's not worked.
So if the pic failed here's the other guitars I have,
Epiphone Jack Casady Custom (The Stone Roses) Gary Mani Mounfield
Rickenbacker 3001 (1976 I'm sure)
Hofner HCT Let It Be Custom (The Beatles) Paul McCartney

[quote name='NellyOnBass' timestamp='1435137965' post='2805761']
cheers Discreet chuffed to be here mate
[/quote]

You're very welcome... a good way to show pics without using the forum's system is to upload them to PhotoBucket or Flickr or similar, copy the direct link, press the green 'Image' square in the post editor and paste in the link. This way you don't use up any of your attachment allowance. :)