Why become a member? ×

Hello, just passing through.

shithotbassist

I was just registering in case I wanna buy something from the classifieds any time soon.

I like buying and selling used music gear. It's so much fun reading up, getting a general view of the products, and making decisions.

[b]However[/b]

Quite a few of the eBay auctions I've looked at recently, have very defensive, specific descriptions like [b][color=#ff8c00]<good country> made, not <bad country> crap etc[/color][/b] or [b][color=#008000]this was before they <bad event>[/color][/b] and are usually still way to aloof. Too much emotion and voodoo, and skepticism.

I see these comments kind of comment quite a lot on classifieds, Gumtree etc, and I get confused about how much people get obsessed about gear. Almost over-selling it, even to themselves.

I see my self as a realist. The kind of guy who sticks things on eBay at 99p, and who doesn't care where his goods are made, as long as they are decent.

I got a Rootmaster 420 with a 115 and a 210 (all Ashdown). A GK 12'' combo, which broke on me and I fixed, and a diddy 10W Ashdown practice amp.

Got a few basses, G&L L2k, a G&L PJ bass (project), a Yamaha I've painted and a Fender Jazz bass I don't wanna get attached to (wanna sell maybe).

I'm in a RHCP Tribute band. I don't really focus on the gear, just learning what I like and rolling with it as frugally as I can.

So hello I guess. :rolleyes:

Edit: I'm not sh*t-hot. I just try to look like I am, and for the most part, it seems to work. I'm really not an in-the-pocket player is what I'm getting at.

Edited by shithotbassist

I think people do sometimes over-value their goods on eBay, generally speaking. I like to start auctions at 99p no reserve, that way you get a lot more people looking at them, and chances are you'll get a similar price to any BIN you list... because you started a fire under it. People get auction fever and bid way more than they usually would pay for a BIN. That's my theory, anyway! Welcome to the forum. :)