Why become a member? ×

Here comes Kanye at Glasto

Jenny_Innie

I'm keeping an open mind - I loved his first 3 albums but he went a bit weird after that (Both musically & in his personal life).

Still, JayZ absolutely stormed the Pyramid a few years ago, as long as Kanye doesn't go for a million costume changes or go off on a 20 minute rant about something I reckon he'll probably do pretty well.

If nothing else I'd be expecting some world class musicians on that stage with him.

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1435442684' post='2808900']
Twitter has just about melted and it's mainly positive.
[/quote]

That's what happens when you follow people with the same tastes as you. You get a biased view. My Twitter feed has also melted. But not positively. :D

I watched two numbers. I didn't understand it. It's obviously some kind of high art but doesn't appeal to me.

Regardless of whether people like him or not (I thought his first album was great), I think it's pretty shoddy to turn up for a headliner slot without a great band. It's the one thing live hip-hop does brilliantly (usually).
Just lazy!
Is there much of a 'show' at all?

Si

I'm sorry, I don't like being negative...but in my opinion it is just absolutely dire. Headline at Glastonbury? If he was playing in my back garden I would tell him to shut up and close the curtains. The crowd seem to be enjoying it - however I find if awful...I just don't get it.

Kanye - [i]"Rap is the new rock and roll, and as the biggest rap star in the world I am the biggest rock and roll star in the world"[/i]

Eh, no it isn't and no you're not.

Rant over.

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1435444936' post='2808928']
Kanye - [i]"Rap is the new rock and roll, and as the biggest rap star in the world I am the biggest rock and roll star in the world"[/i]
[/quote]

Do they still rain bad acts with bottles of piss at festivals? Was always a feature at Donnington and Reading.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1435446168' post='2808941']
Do they still rain bad acts with bottles of piss at festivals? Was always a feature at Donnington and Reading.
[/quote]

I'm bustin' to go right now and I can't think of a better use for it. :happy:

Frank.

Earlier I wrote

'[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If nothing else I'd be expecting some world class musicians on that stage with him.'[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Now I feel like a bit of a plonker.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Anyway, once I got over the shock & indignation at the lack of band I quite enjoyed it. I'm still not sure about the auto-tune stuff and his need to feed his ego (eg. getting the crowd to sing Bohemian Rhapsody with him just so he could feel like a classic rock star) is somewhere between comedic & pathetic, but over all I enjoyed it more than not.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I understand hip-hop can raise very strong emotions in those who are not fans of the genre - It'd be a boring world if we all liked the same stuff. [/font][/color]

Edited by Cato