Why become a member? ×

Danelectro Bass Help.

kodiakblair

I've quite fancied a Danelectro for a while but passed on one the other night.

It was gonna be shipped in a gig bag but I don't see how a hardboard body would make it to Scotland intact.

The bass was the Wild Thing model. Anyone had one and if so how fragile are they ?

I have a Longhorn and DC bass - wouldn't trust either of those with just a gig bag without some extra serious packaging. The Wild Thing has even more twiddly bits, so just ripe for damaging I would have thought.

I've only ever got 2 guitars/basses through the post and both times they came in a cardboard box at the least, that plus a gig bag should be enough. My U2 (guitar not bass) was only in cardboard and turned up perfect, ad that was without a vaguely protective gig bag layer in between.

Edited by SwamiRob

I don't think these basses come with a hard case as standard, so how do you think they are transported around the place from factory to distributor to retailer to owner? In a cardboard box, in a gig bag if they come with one, in nothing but bubble wrap or one of those opaque white foamy bags with polystyrene blocks to keep the neck OK.

It'll be fine, and if it isn't, that's (unfortunately) what insurance is for.