Why become a member? ×

I bought the wrong bridge (warning guitar-related content)

Dave Vader

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif][size=4]Damn it, I was already to spend a happy evening rebuilding my Epi SG, I've got my Oil City Mighty 90s, I've got a duesenberg Les Trem, and I carefully bought a roller bridge so I could have happy tuning. [/size][/font][/color][color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif][size=4]
The bridge even came with the inserts in case the studs didn't fit my existing ones, so I expected no problems.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif][size=4]
However, the inserts are the teeny-tiny ones, and I cannot be arsed to go and cut wooden plugs, fill the holes and redrill, so I'm hunting for bushing adapters that will screw into the Epi inserts, and let me put the tiny holed bridge on top of it.[/size][/font][/color]
Although so far I'm thinking I might just buy an entire roller bridge instead, with the right size holes to start with.[/size][/font][/color]
Any tried and tested cheap as chips fixes will be gratefully received.[/size][/font][/color]

Bugger [/size][/font][/color]

All things to fix it are more expensive than just getting a different bridge, using 20 quid adapters on a 12 quid bridge seems a bit nuts, so I'm buying one that fits. Thanks chaps, and anyone needing a cheap roller bridge and tailpiece assembly I will probably have one for sale soon.
:)