Why become a member? ×

Fender Mark Hoppus P Bass ***SOLD***.
£400

Scott S

I took this little beauty as part of a recent trade & cash deal (cheers, Martin).

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Superb condition (with two minute dinks on the headstock that I've attempted to photograph) - J bass with P-profile neck.
Lightweight ash body, lovely transparent finish through which the grain can be seen.
SBP-3 Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder Pup.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]At the Herts Bass Bash it sonically out P'd (ooer!) some quality Precisions....honestly, look....[/font][/color]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/238458-herts-bash-2-the-precision-test/page__st__60"]http://basschat.co.u...st/page__st__60[/url]

Here's the Fender spiel....

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fender's [color=red]Mark[/color] [color=red]Hoppus[/color] Jazz Bass® guitar is the perfect punk-pop bass-as powerful and addictive as a blink-182 hit. Distinctive since its 2002 introduction as a Jazz Bass with a split single-coil Precision Bass® pickup, it now has a new sonic formula. For the updated version of his signature model, [color=red]Mark[/color] has reversed the pickup, with the upper half now on the treble side, delivering supercharged throat and fullness from the D and G strings; and the lower half now on the bass side, adding focused snap and brightness to the E and A strings. A unique modification for nonconformists.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Features include an ash body, maple neck with modern "C" shape and 1.625" nut width (wider than the 1.5" standard for Jazz Bass guitars), rosewood fretboard with 9.5" radius and medium jumbo frets, reversed Seymour Duncan® Basslines SPB-3 Quarter Pound™ split-coil Precision Bass pickup, single chrome control knob (volume), combination strings-through-body bridge with American series plate and Standard series saddles and screws, and one-piece Jazz Bass pickguard (four-ply white pearloid on Surf Green model, four-ply tortoise shell on White Blonde model).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass comes with a tatty, but usable, padded gig bag.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm looking to get back only its recent trade value...£400. Sorry, peeps, no trades on this one.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Based on the Wirral but I'm happy to courier at the buyer's expense.[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Cheers. [/color][/font]

Edited by Scott S

Right, enough, it has to be said.
In the various places you have this advertised, your first paragraph states it's a P body with a J neck.
It's not, it's a J body with a P neck.
And if these things had a tone control, it would be mine :lol:

GLWTS

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1435905341' post='2813403']
Right, enough, it has to be said.
In the various places you have this advertised, your first paragraph states it's a P body with a J neck.
It's not, it's a J body with a P neck.
And if these things had a tone control, it would be mine :lol:

GLWTS
[/quote]

Doh...! My bad...?

My old Latin teacher always said..."Sanders, if you copy off someone else's work then you're cheating only yourself"...( “futue te ipsi”, Mr Morris) ;)

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1436036322' post='2814537']
hatnobobble'
Is this P-bass the actual bass that was used at the Herts Bass Bash?

MB1.
Yes.
[/quote]

Cheers, Martin, nice one.

Edited by Scott S

• 2 months later...