Why become a member? ×

July Composition Challenge - GET WRITING!

Skol303

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1436197238' post='2815859']...but when I do next make an entry. It will most definitely have bagpipes.
[/quote]

Now, now; we all like a joke, myself amongst the first, but there is a limit. Thin ice, my lad; thin ice. :shok:

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1436199719' post='2815894']
i just cant get my head to start anything at the moment, can't put anything together that i like
[/quote]

Start with something you don't like, and change it until you like it.

For example, start with bagpipes...

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1436206752' post='2816004']
What's the script with stuff entered in these competitions in relation to ownership. If I've entered something does BC have any rights on it or is it mine?
[/quote]

All copyright and ownership of any material posted on Basschat remains with the writer/composer (ie. you!).

Unless of course you're about to license something for a small (or preferably large) fortune. In which case I'm personally entitled to 71%.

It's all in the small print here:

Yep, it's that small ;)

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1436209890' post='2816055']
I don't think BC claim any rights to it at all.
[/quote]
[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1436217032' post='2816170']
All copyright and ownership of any material posted on Basschat remains with the writer/composer (ie. you!).

Unless of course you're about to license something for a small (or preferably large) fortune. In which case I'm personally entitled to 71%.

It's all in the small print here:

Yep, it's that small ;)
[/quote]
Thanks gents.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1436197772' post='2815863']

Now, now; we all like a joke, myself amongst the first, but there is a limit. Thin ice, my lad; thin ice. :shok:
[/quote]
Don't mention ice... Not when I've got ma kilt on laddy. (Walks away practicing elbow squeeze).

My last few recording projects bored the crap out of me - all this recording by committee and fiddling about endlessly for hours got right on my boobies!! So having been left to my own devices today, here's my entry for this months competition. It's based on a combination of drum loops and other drum bits and pieces I had lying around. Start to finish it took forty minutes.

The bass (Marathon) is live, one take, warts and all - as is the guitar (Harley Benton Strat). I deliberately didn't go back in to fix any timings, bum notes or anything else, so if you like your music very organised and perfectly played and recorded, you're going to be a bit disappointed! (I'm looking at YOU, The Eagles...) :D

However... hopefully I've retained something of the energy and freshness that compositions can have initially, but which then gets lost through over-zealous turd-polishing, otherwise known as 'post-production' ... PLAY LOUD! ;)

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/listen/9bgv83327p1a77u/What_Goes_Up.wav"][size=5]What Goes Up...[/size][/url]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1436269060' post='2816530']...
However... hopefully I've retained something of the energy and freshness that compositions can have initially...
[/quote]

Mission accomplished, Cap'n. Reduce the coffee intake, though. :mellow:

:lol: :P

Breaking news..! I've managed to track down the origins of the photo, and have obtained an exclusive and unique 'live' recording of the whole event. Here it is ...

[url="http://soundcloud.com/dad3353/the-lady-is-a-tramp-olinist"]The Lady Is A Tramp (olinist...) ...[/url]

Who'd have thought it, eh..?

The Marathon sounds bloody brilliant and I was surprised at the HB Strat, another thumbs up for HBs.

Also liked the " As Is " recording, more akin to what the track might sound like live. Few drinks,noisy club and this playing, I don't see
many punters complaining.

Aye aw good for me.

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1436286343' post='2816761']
'Ere's mine:

[url="http://soundcloud.com/dredd-and-the-badass-weed/superman-dont-need-no-seatbelt"]Superman Don't Need No Seatbelt[/url]

There's no bagpipes or chickens but be warned - it's got me singing....
:o
[/quote]

Dulcet tones, Len, almost operatic (or was that erratic..? or maybe erotic..? Can't really tell, I fell asleep mid-chorus...). Note to self: must listen before, or after, siesta, but not during, or else take up coffee drinking again... :mellow:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1436269060' post='2816530']
My last few recording projects bored the crap out of me - all this recording by committee and fiddling about endlessly for hours got right on my boobies!! So having been left to my own devices today, here's my entry for this months competition. It's based on a combination of drum loops and other drum bits and pieces I had lying around. Start to finish it took forty minutes.

The bass (Marathon) is live, one take, warts and all - as is the guitar (Harley Benton Strat). I deliberately didn't go back in to fix any timings, bum notes or anything else, so if you like your music very organised and perfectly played and recorded, you're going to be a bit disappointed! (I'm looking at YOU, The Eagles...) :D

However... hopefully I've retained something of the energy and freshness that compositions can have initially, but which then gets lost through over-zealous turd-polishing, otherwise known as 'post-production' ... PLAY LOUD! ;)

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/listen/9bgv83327p1a77u/What_Goes_Up.wav"][size=5]What Goes Up...[/size][/url]
[/quote]

Ooh I enjoyed that! 2 minutes well spent.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1436269060' post='2816530']

[/quote]

Loved it Mr. Discreet :) You noisy git you. :D

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1436286343' post='2816761']
'Ere's mine:

[url="http://soundcloud.com/dredd-and-the-badass-weed/superman-dont-need-no-seatbelt"]Superman Don't Need No Seatbelt[/url]

There's no bagpipes or chickens but be warned - it's got me singing....
:o
[/quote]

I can't have a listen to your work as the link won't work for me :(

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1436341590' post='2817161']
Oops..
I'd just deleted it as I wasn't happy with some levels.
Hopefully it's all fixed now!
[/quote]

All good now. Like it, I'm listening whilst enjoying my first very lovely coffee of the day.

Enjoying the smoothness of both the coffee and your tune.

I can't get started. I have nothing yet although something came to mind whilst I was walking the dogs this morning but I need to see where it goes. I hate the fact that I cannot get my tunes PLAYED. It is not the writing that I find difficult, it is the recording of parts that I cannot play myself. YOu know what I mean? 'Oh, a monster Cuban piano part would be great in here - oh, I can't play that so I will put on some s*** guitar instead'. :unsure:

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1436343750' post='2817195']
All good now. Like it, I'm listening whilst enjoying my first very lovely coffee of the day.

Enjoying the smoothness of both the coffee and your tune.
[/quote]

Cheers!
Not often one of my choonz gets called smooth!