Why become a member? ×

Multi effect unit lineout

badboy1984

I'm downsizing pretty much all my pedals except the wah and my EQ pedal. Going back to multi effect unit for that does it all but not perfect.

After looking into the common budget multi unit most of them don't have a DI out. Does the lineout works well with the PA?

I've bought a B3 at the end for cheap. It was used but from a respective store in manchester. I'm running my pedals like this at the moment:

Boss pedal tuner --> Boss GE-7B --> Jim Dunlop Bass crybaby --> Zoom B3

I mainly use the B3 for chorus, delay, reverb and compressor.

This setup works well at the moment because I can practice with headphone using my pedalboard and also DI out as well. Problem at the moment is my 1Spot Visual Sound power supply causing some hum noise on my B3. A seperate power supply is ok with the B3.

Need to look for some better psu for the pedal board.

You can drop the tuner, the B3 has a good tuner and if you press the switch for a little longer it will mute the signal for silent tuning. Don't know what you're using the GE for but the B3 also has it. Read the manual and learn how it works (it's features, patch editing, setting total and global parameters, etc.).

I'm using my B3 on it's own when i need to have a simpler and smaller setup and it replaces 5 pedals i have on the other board ;)

The GE-7B is the older made in japan version. Altho is still 7 band but different freq then the new one. I much prefer. Is just the tuner is on the board i might as well use it. One less thing to mess around in live situation. If i go small i just use the B3 on its own. I really love the b3. Use to own a b2 but hated it.