Why become a member? ×

Hi from Kent

pjb13.bass

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Hi all,[/b][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]My name is Pete. I am 55 and have been playing bass for 41 years, (must take a break soon though as I'm busting for a wee!).[/b][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]I was actually on here before, a couple of years ago, but I had a run in with the Jazz police, literally, and I got the hump and left. This time I am determined not to get embroiled in controversial threads, rise to the bait when provoked and, most importantly, not to talk to anyone on here named after a Tolkien character.[/b][/font]

[b][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Musically I'm of the 70's rock vintage but, with the exception of Jazz and heavy slap, I have played just about every type of contemporary music including pop, blues, country, soul/funk, reggae, punk, rock n' roll, Irish, klezmer & swing; plus the function circuit where I played everything from strict-tempo to lounge. For the last year or so I have been mostly engaged with a folk-rock acoustic trio where I play an electro-acoustic bass, ( Ibanez AEB with XLR out), directly through the PA...decent sound and less gear to hump around. I also do most of the lead vocals in that band as I have done in many of the bands I've been in. I'm getting a hankering though to get back to some more challenging bass-lines which leads me nicely on to the thing that prompted me to return to Basschat... [/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]I have just had a serious attack of GAS and have today ordered from Alex and the lovely Claire at Barefaced a Big Twin II plus an Orange AD200B head from GAK. So I just wanted to talk to other people who would understand and possibly share my sense of excitement and anticipation. In order to fund this latest attack I have quite a lot of gear to sell...4 basses & 3 cabs... which I will be putting on the appropriate boards once I've organised decent photographs. I appreciate that it's not the done thing to sell your gear on this thread but if anyone does want more details please send me a private message...I assume you can do that?[/font][/b]

[b][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Notwithstanding my new acquisitions I would be keen and delighted to chat about any subject to any other bass-player regardless of their age, sex, level of experience/ability, style of playing, preferred type of music, nationality, creed, sexual orientation etc. The only thing I would ask is that you embrace the philosophy of 'agreeing to differ'. I really really do not react well to pithy and dismissive remarks. I also firmly believe that making music is an art form so if you are of a VERY technical disposition we probably don't have too much in common.[/font][/b]

[b][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]So! I look forward to talking to as many of you as I can.[/font][/b]

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome, from the is-it-or-isn't-it-in-Kent land of Bromley!

[quote name='pjb13.bass' timestamp='1435866661' post='2813258']
[b][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Alex and the lovely Claire at Barefaced[/font][/b]
[/quote]

Wot, so are you saying that Alex isn't lovely? :o