Why become a member? ×

markbass new york 121 cover

Hobbayne

I got mine - the CMD121P and the NY121 covers made by Roqsolid. Fantastic covers in my opinion but I did give them the dimensions especially so I knew it would fit. They had earlier supplied one cover using the Markbass published website sizes and these were incorrect so I had to send it back for modifications.

I no longer own my Markbass gear, but I had a NY 121 and amp (can't recall the model right now) 121P...?

Anyway, a big +1 on Roqsolid. I had covers for both of the above, and they proved to be superb.

So good, that when I bought my Fender Rumble rig a few months back, I went straight back to Roqsolid and bought covers for those too. I'd even say the quality is even better now than a few years back, and they were cracking then! :)

I have one of each for different cabs. They're both excellent. The Hotcovers one is more of a vinyl type material and has a reasonable amount of foam padding, whereas the basic Roqsolid cover has a thinner felt lining. As a result the Roqsolid cover, when taken off, will fold up as you'd expect. The Hotcovers one will retain its shape and resist folding up - I regularly put my gig bag full of cables on top of it while setting up and it doesn't collapse. In a small room that can be a bit of a pain, actually, as it takes up space. I'm just waiting for the time some unsuspecting soul tries to sit on it...

[quote name='4-string-thing' timestamp='1436009356' post='2814306']
I'm waiting for my Roqsolid NY121 cover to arrive any day now.... As the CMD121P and the NY121 are the same size, won't the cover for one fit both? Apart from the different handle I guess?
[/quote]

Yes they're the same size but the published Markbass sizes for both the combo and the cab are wrong. Initially when I used the covers they were too tall and bunched up on the floor. I supplied Bryn and the Roqsolid team the correct sizes and they modified the cover as a result. Both now fit perfectly. They did say they would record this against their cover so that subsequent customers were ok. You are correct in that the covered themselves differ in the handle cutout.