Why become a member? ×

iGig in the UK

Scotticus

After many happy times and a few rough ones, my iGig G515 eventually died a stitching related death. Seeing as iGig seem to be hard to get ahold of in the UK, I've been trying a few other manufacturers, but haven't been happy yet. Here's what I've tried.

Mono - didn't find any of them particularly comfortable to wear on my back (they ride a little high for a tall chap), and I need more storage as gigs are often an overnight affair here.

Fusion F1 - let down by a few daft design decisions. No strap pin relief, feet on the side instead of the bottom, the neck support is adjustable but the headstock strap is fixed in place (duh), and the pockets seem to put an undue amount of pressure on each other when loaded. The biggest problem is that it rides so high I'm literally knocking on heaven's door. All that said, the weight distribution is great on this one. I could almost forget I was wearing it until the headstock brushing an electricity pilon reminded me lol.

Protec Contego - pretty close to good, if anything it's a bit too roomy for my basses. I could live with it I guess, but still prefer the iGig offerings on a few fronts.

Protection racket - it's a bit weighty for me and the lack of handles would be annoying, but is probably what I'll end up with if I can't source an iGig. Can't argue with the price at all.

So, does anybody know where I can pick up an iGig in the UK sharpish? Ideally I'm after a G525. I know iGig themselves ship internationally, but so far their response to email has been slow at best, nonexistent the rest of the time. Plus, if anything goes wrong during the warranty period, I'd rather have someone in the UK to touch base with about it. It'd be quicker for replacements etc.

Any advice appreciated

Scott

• 2 weeks later...