Why become a member? ×

Hello from Cornwall

Doug_C

Hi,
I'm Doug, as you may have guessed, and I'm not actually a Bass player...yet.
I've played 6 string for over 25 years, and thought it was time to broaden my horizons and invest in my first bass. I've played all sorts of stuff over the years, from metal to ska and reggae to pop rock and even a bit of country, and there's a very good chance if I get on OK with the bass, I'll end up playing the local pubs and clubs with my mates, doing a mix of covers and originals, but that's a little way off for now!

I'm not certain what I'm going to buy yet, but I do have a few makes and models in mind, and this has got to be the best place to find lots of info and get advice from people who know a lot more about it than I do, so here I am.

Looking forward to reading some interesting posts, picking all your brains, and hopefully contributing a bit of useful knowledge myself too, if its a subject I know a bit about...

Good evening, Doug, and ...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167528]

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share.

An anecdote..? Yes..? OK, then; it's not too long, but you'll be more comfy seated. There, that's better...
I was about 8 or 9 years old; there came a knock on the front door. My Mum answered it, and there, on the step, were a few of my school chums, come to invite me out to play. "Hello, can Dougie come out..?" inquired the foremost, innocently. "His name is [i]Douglas[/i]." replied my Mum, tartly, and closed the door firmly. No, I wasn't allowed out that evening, and I got stick from my buddies for months. A dour Scot, was my Mum, with a rather sharp notion of correction. Just sayin'. :mellow: