Why become a member? ×

Post Your Band In Shorts

Hobbayne

Brain bleach required (for both pics :) ).

Not a fan of the look (unless you were in a grunge band of course). The photos on the original G3 album has Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Stu Hamm in shorts; they don't look good. Eric Johnson was the only one to wear full length jeans and look 'right'. The only guy who really pulls shorts off is Robert Trujillo (that doesn't sound right ;) ).

Me, rather than the whole band.

My hair's much shorter these days, so this does look odd now.

[Img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Ghost_Upon_The_Stage/FB_IMG_1436086596417_zpsmrz9ltwg.jpg" class="ipsImage" />

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1436086732' post='2814765']

[Img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Ghost_Upon_The_Stage/FB_IMG_1436086596417_zpsmrz9ltwg.jpg" class="ipsImage" />
[/quote]Advertising Standards should've had a word about this. Not what it says on the 'tin'. :D

I was the only band member in long trousers and long sleeved shirt at our gig last night. Loaded in wearing t-shirt and shorts then got changed before first set. Helps me focus and get into professional frame of mind to entertain folks. I don't think I'd give as good a show if I looked like I'd just stepped away from the BBQ.

There are some garments that are pushing the definition IMO. Shorts at their very longest should come down to just below the knee. Anything longer just look like normal trousers that you've grown out of. You really need to get your mum to let them down so that they fit properly again!

And despite Mr Venom's on-stage attire you'll never catch me in anything as ugly as shorts at a gig. Leather jacket and trousers all the way whatever the weather.

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1436179555' post='2815564']
No shorts. Unnaceptable stage wear. Band t shirts too.
[/quote]

Absolutely correct, especially not when it's the whole fecking band!! :o
Shorts for the bass player ONLY are JUST ABOUT permissible if it's REALLY HOT and the bass player has GREAT LEGS. Like I do. ;)

Edited by discreet